Primo pricing for RSW-15

Youthman

i would Schu this one in a heart beat

Edited by Budman

Mustang, you must be thinking of a different sub. what do you mean by paying so much more. you can't walk into a dealership and get one, they haven't made them in like 15 years

their is no comparison between one in black and one in cherry.

Edited by Budman

Mustang, you must be thinking of a different sub. what do you mean by paying so much more. you can't walk into a dealership and get one, they haven't made them in like 15 years

their is no comparison between one in black and one in cherry.

Right! I was thinking of the new SW-115.

• Moderators
What makes you think he didn't get payment? Here is another one up for sale... http://www.ebay.com/...sd=121344152379 Another one went for $900 in March with a little over $93 for shipping.

Maybe I was wrong on the market value of the RSW-15. I thought it was around $900. I know they don't come up for sale locally very often. Think I've seen 2 in my area in the past 5 years. It's definitely by far the best subwoofer I've ever heard and owned.

doesn't hurt to try. That would fund a couple horns and amp most likely.

Yes, I will likely sell my RSW-15 to fund the replacement horn sub.

• Like 1

It's definitely by far the best subwoofer I've ever heard and owned.

Yes, I will likely sell my RSW-15 to fund the replacement horn sub.

I find it to be great in power (SPL), good enough in bass extension, but it is no match for Heritage horns in tightness and cleanness.

So, Youthman, I guess you and I are condemned to getting horn subs someday!

Edited by Garyrc

I don't think you have a bad sub at all. If you bought another for $500-$700 (there's a bunch on ebay) you'd gain a lot of performance for a small investment. Everywhere I read online (and from my own experience) says that any ways. The RSW-15 has a huge surface area, much bigger than an 18" sub.

Gary it looks that way. I have not heard anything other than conventional sealed and ported subs so I'm going by everything I see online.

• Moderators
OK, pardon my ignorance, but may I ask what is a Heritage Horn? Sounds quite intriguing.....

Jim, take a look at the Danley DTS10, DTS20 and TubaHT. These are horn loaded subwoofers. The Heritage series uses a similar concept for the woofer to where the woofer is inside the speaker cabinet and firing into a "horn".

Ok, that's a very poor explanation. Maybe this will help

Here is what the inside of a Danley DTS10 looks like.

DTS10_18.jpg

I don't think you have a bad sub at all.

I've always thought the RSW-15 is a fantastic subwoofer. But from what I'm reading, the Horn Subs are even better.

If you bought another for $500-$700 (there's a bunch on ebay) you'd gain a lot of performance for a small investment.

I should be able to sell my RSW-15 and end up getting a better sub and end up with money in my pocket to go towards the rest of the redesign.

The RSW-15 has a huge surface area, much bigger than an 18" sub.

The Danley DTS20 has a single 12" woofer and the DTS10 has (2) 12" woofers. It is my understanding that either one of these would out perform the RSW-15 (and most conventional subs) in both output and lower distortion.