Man Cave.. I'll show you mine.. show me yours :D

Cal Blacksmith

Have you ever seen Mustang Guy's man cave? He has a building for room use! I've seen it with 4 cars in it, it's not even close to filling up his space. He fills it up with sound that is better and louder than any theater in our area!
I have really liked seeing the pics of his shop. When you own La Scalas, what would you expect? Since I sold one pair, I am now working on a pair to restore. I have the doghouse on each opened up to extend the bass. We'll see how that goes. Currently only have two pairs of JBL speakers and a pair of Heresys IIs to live with. Sure am missing the LS, lol.

Bruce

Not JUST the man cave, but where my wife and I spend most of our time. It was a dark, baby poop family room when we move in last Fall. It has a 55 inch TV with a single pair of Heresy IIs, driven by a 75 wpc Alesis amp. Very comfortable for us after a day at work.

Bruce

post-5045-0-64960000-1403417747_thumb.jp

post-5045-0-58060000-1403417759_thumb.jp

Wow... nice thread to look at.

I don't have a man-cave in this house, looks like you guys over there have much more room than we have here in The Netherlands.

Our country is smaller, roads are narrower, houses smaller..... what made me buy a set of Khorns a few weeks back?

YEP! it's keeping the dream alive of one day having a man-cave too. B)

Wow... nice thread to look at.

I don't have a man-cave in this house, looks like you guys over there have much more room than we have here in The Netherlands.

YEP! it's keeping the dream alive of one day having a man-cave too. B)

Maybe, and maybe not. I have three children, and since they have all moved out, my wife and I are now childless. :D

Before I had my "man cave" we used to refer to that space as "the kid's bedroom."

+++

BTW, I root for the Netherlands in World Cup play, and it looks like they will be through to the round of 16 in Brazil, but how is it they are only ranked 15th in the world this year? In 2010 they lost in the finals to Spain 1-nil. What happened since then?

Edited by wvu80

Mine

P1000594.jpg

Those darn home designers place windows in the worst places don't they?

You would think that the thought of giant speakers and huge TVs never entered their thinking when they put pen to paper!

Very nice :D

OH, BTW, I have one of those heaters under my desk at work (aircraft hanger) they work nice for places like that as they do not need to warm the air but rather beam the heat right to you.

Edited by Cal Blacksmith
  • Like 1

Marvel, that looks quite comfy, not quite along with the MAN theme but it is OK to include the wife I guess :P :P

Just kidding, I could relax there no problem ;D

I can't make it out, what R to R is that? I have a Tandberg that needs a new drive belt. I took it apart years ago to replace the belt but never got around to finishing the job. All the pieces SHOULD be there (I put the screws ect in zip bags) so one of these days I need to finish that thing!

Edited by Cal Blacksmith

CEAA hey at least you have carpet too bad about the need for the wife's car to sleep there between projects but it is looking very nice at the moment and I am sure the music in there is several notches above the average "garage stereo" LOL!

The garage stereo actually sounds pretty good. The 301's have modded Crites crossovers and titanium diaphragmed tweeters and squawkers. I stream (the service formerly known as) MOG out there so I can pretty much listen to whatever I want to.

CEAA hey at least you have carpet too bad about the need for the wife's car to sleep there between projects but it is looking very nice at the moment and I am sure the music in there is several notches above the average "garage stereo" LOL!

The garage stereo actually sounds pretty good. The 301's have modded Crites crossovers and titanium diaphragmed tweeters and squawkers. I stream (the service formerly known as) MOG out there so I can pretty much listen to whatever I want to.

You got to love those Crites Titanium parts. I installed them in most every speaker I have though I am still on stock Xovers. My Khorns are bone 1978 stock so I suppose they are due for upgrades. My shop (garage) setup is a pair of H1s with stock Xover design but built with high end parts and a pair of 4311s. It does a pretty good job of overpowering the sound of running equipment. You can see them at the start of the linked video I put up.

I am still on stock Xovers

I was having problems with these after I first bought them. When I opened them up, one had a crossover from a 301 and the other one had one from a 301-II. They both had loose parts on them and had been worked on previously. The diaphragms were made of different materials as well. I completely went through them and resealed the woofer and horns to the board. They're pro ugly but sound living room good.

• Moderators
Great ladies are hard to come by, those who give up the decor in "their" living room are even more rare!

The real trick is to find one who thinks living room décor is better with large plywood boxes. :emotion-55:

• Moderators
"This Could Happen To You"

It's to late, maby years ago.

BUT I don't have a cave, no fair. :blush2:

Iv always wondered what I could do with a couple of shipping containers if I had the room.

At one time I was looking at those, to make a cave, but a different cave. I wanted to put them in the back yard and cover with a huge pile of dirt to make a real cave. A place to go in bad weather, even a tornado could pass over and not hurt it.

• Moderators

This can't die out this quick.........

My man cave isn't big enough but I have a cool wife. So the living room has been converted to a 2 channel room.

Same here no man cave but just a living room, the wife picked the bigger 2 Ch speakers I picked the fortes ll's for HT.

This pic is a few years old but the only thing different is some electronics are missing in this pic and there is usually clean clothes on that black seat on the left waiting to be folded, and grand kids toys possibly anywhere ? :lol:

post-9700-0-11120000-1403590300_thumb.jp

• Like 1