KPT-1201-T2 vs RS-62ii

Heritage_Head

• Moderators

Sorry to hear this, again, if you order anything else use your wife's name they might not recognize it and send normal stuff ?

With your luck it's why I said when you were looking to pick a motorcycle that's in the dealer already and working with all the right parts, this is not your year, so far. Or it's a aggravating test to learn extreme patience ?

But your definitely heading in the right direction, your room is going to be killer !

Got the speakers today and got the first one out the box. And its broken :wacko: . The horn looks like it broke off and is rolling around in the cab lol. Going to open the other one now.

Man you're having some bad luck but it all works out. You have a much calmer attitude than I would have and I commend you! Just keep a finger in one ear til the replacement arrives.... :P

Those look huge vs. the '62's

Sorry to hear this, again, if you order anything else use your wife's name they might not recognize it and send normal stuff ?

With your luck it's why I said when you were looking to pick a motorcycle that's in the dealer already and working with all the right parts, this is not your year, so far. Or it's a aggravating test to learn extreme patience ?

But your definitely heading in the right direction, your room is going to be killer !

that was me with the motorcycle dtel. But I see how you can mix us up, we both have badda5$ speakers!!

Look great. I'm anxious to hear what you say about em vs the 62's. And also if your receiver will calibrate them within tolerance. I don't ever remember if you said about that with your mains. I'm worried about getting a new avr and room being so small it maxing everything out.

• Moderators
that was me with the motorcycle dtel. But I see how you can mix us up, we both have badda5$ speakers!!

Your right I mixed you two up, sorry about that, but your right about the speakers, both rooms will be exceptional. :emotion-21:

The horn in this 1201 is really beefy (can see is from the port). The motor is huge. Well not compared to the 904 but its huge for what it is. To compare it Its much bigger than the k55.

Scrappy I think we won the lotto with these speakers. When I think that I have been on here for years. And never really heard anything about the 904. Only when I started looking hard at the pro line did I see anything. And even when you search the web for info on them from owners. You find very little. It just baffles me that the best klipsch speaker I have owned (by a lot) is the least popular (by a lot).

The horn in this 1201 is really beefy (can see is from the port). The motor is huge. Well not compared to the 904 but its huge for what it is. To compare it Its much bigger than the k55.

Scrappy I think we won the lotto with these speakers. When I think that I have been on here for years. And never really heard anything about the 904. Only when I started looking hard at the pro line did I see anything. And even when you search the web for info on them from owners. You find very little. It just baffles me that the best klipsch speaker I have owned (by a lot) is the least popular (by a lot).

amen to that brother!! I can't wait to start working on my room soon and put up some treatments, and few other goodies. Room should sound way better.

Do you have your mains toed in much? Hard to tell from the photos. I have mine barely and them toed the horn in toward the LP. But once I move the false wall back I can toe the whole thing in.

So I ran maac and I'm little surprised at what I found. The kpt-1201 got set at -9 and the rs62ii was set at -3 (and the rs62ii is even a little closer to the mic). That means the 1201 is around 6db more sensitive than the rs62ii. And would put the rs62ii at 93db not 97. 93 is still really good but far from the advertised 97. The 1201 is rated at 99 and the 904 are at 104 and thats about right being I figured the -12 was around 2 or 3 high still for reference at 0 on the 904. I have always been in the camp that figured klipsch would measure all their speakers the same. So if they fudged one line they would fudge them all. It seems I may have been wrong in this thinking. Now the question is why would klipsch lie/fudge about one line and not the other?

Edited by reference_head

I have discovered the thx line, reference, icon w, and the K series are all about 3-4db less sensitive than they actually state. And while they are still sensitive I do think it's BS that Klipsch advertises as such. I'm sure they do it a certain hz or something but it's just as bad a selling receivers as 150x7 (two channels driven). I hate it but it is what it is.