So How Many Warhols Do You Own?

thebes

The Cranbrook Art Museum in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan is launching an exhibition of Andy Warhol record cover art.

It would appear that there are at least 60 unique covers and at least 100 with variations. Covers include Debbie Harry, Diana Ross, Count Basie, John Lennon, and, of course, Velvet Underground, not to mention The Stones and Sticky Fingers. Yes that zipper comes from the mind of Andy Warhol.

Also more obscure stuff from the 1950's including "Lou White at the Organ with his Orchestra".

From what I understand, he did this throughout his life, and they are probably the only art work he did consistently, and there is speculation that there are probably still more to be discovered.

As far as online goes, this is probably the most definitive list:

http://rateyourmusic.com/list/rockdoc/andy_warhols_record_cover_art/

Without searching through all my piles, I do believe I have original pressing of only two Warhols, Dianna Ross and Sticky Fingers.

So how many do you have?

But I do know how many Robert Crumb LP covers I have!
I had, when they were new, a copy of the first two issues of Zap Comics. They have long since disappeared from my possession.

Bruce