Immigrant Song

Boxx

I wonder why that singer is singing in English. If he was really a legal American he would be singing in the language of one of these:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_federally_recognized_tribes

Of course, if you derive your ancestry from colonial times, then the "illegal" Mexicans are just going home when they cross into California and Texas. Most of the cracker South we got on the cheap from the Frenchies, Napoleon to be exact, The original East and Midwest lands came from the English, and come to think of it, we got all the Oregon, Washington territorial stuff from the English as part of the peace treating following the War of 1812.

Now if your family is say European, and your family got here through immigration anywhere from colonial times until the around mid part of the 20th century, while there were illegal immigration laws, the enforcement was for all practical purposes non-existent, or most of the Irish, Italian, Jews, Poles, etc./ wouldn't be here. Now if you were Chinese, chances are you were brought here to slave away on railroads, and if you are African American you were a slave.

Now I'm just guessing, but I do believe his viewpoint derives solely from the dumbbell idea that being a white redneck automatically makes you a real legal American.

So what's the point of htis song?

Tort Elvis' version of "when the levee breaks" is better than Plants/Pages.

I love that fat man!

what About Zepparella though!!!

That version is supreme!

Edited by Schu

Funny stuff! Sad problem.

Let's see... my Dad's family arrived 110 years ago from Germany. My Mom's arrived in the late 1600's. Later decendants fought in the American revolutionary war. One of her Great great (lost count) grand mothers was killed in her kitchen by a native American as was her son on the battle field years later. Flash forward a couple hundred years to my Great grandmother who was an adopted native American. Of course, there are no records so we don't know anything about tribal connection. So what's that make me? Pretty much the same as most people I would guess... a conglomeration of a lot of backgrounds and with various levels of melanin content in our skin. Race is pretty much a social construct. People are far too quick to cry "racist" these days... many don't feel that they can even express their valid opinions lest they be twisted and construed as racist.

Tort Elvis' version of "when the levee breaks" is better than Plants/Pages.

I love that fat man!

what About Zepparella though!!!

That version is supreme!

It's kind of sterile compared to Zep. That being said, I'd hit it. Edited by oldtimer

Now if your family is say European, and your family got here through immigration anywhere from colonial times until the around mid part of the 20th century, while there were illegal immigration laws, the enforcement was for all practical purposes non-existent, or most of the Irish, Italian, Jews, Poles, etc./ wouldn't be here. Now if you were Chinese, chances are you were brought here to slave away on railroads, and if you are African American you were a slave.

Most of the Irish were sold into slavery in the U.S., and at lower prices than the Africans.

post-5045-0-85960000-1405905030_thumb.jp

• Like 1

It isn't about racism many of my friends including a couple of my best friends over the years have been Mexican American, born here to legal immigrants who wanted to be American citizens and became so.

But now a days the nice area I have lived my whole life in Southern California has changed very much, more Spanish is spoke than English, Mexican day laborers line the streets near any Home Depot / Lowes etc. More and more signage, advertising, mail etc is in Spanish. Mexicans are now the majority here and their population is exploding beyond belief, also many consider themselves Mexican not Mexican American and they want it to stay that way. I have lost the wonderful area I grew up in to immigrants who are invading and taking over not blending in as was once the American way.

While Americans who have lived here their whole lives are seeing the benefits they have paid for for their entire lives cut to almost nothing and many times completely nothing, illegal immigrants are stealing and demanding more from a system that seems to want to give them everything, it has to stop!

Bank robbers are merely undocumented withdrawalers, who want to better their lives.

Edited by Rich_Guy

Most of the Irish were sold into slavery in the U.S., and at lower prices than the Africans.

The Irish slaves were technically indentured labourers, and you could buy one for the price of his ticket on the boat across, while an African slave could cost as much as $2000.

The difference was that you only had the Irish slave for seven years, then he would be free. Accordingly, if you worked him to death in just under seven years, it was no loss to you. You could also beat him until he signed a new indenture contract for another seven years. With an African slave, you'd have to treat him better so he could stay strong and healthy enough to serve you as long as he lived.

This article's numbers are probably more accurate than the ones I mentioned above:

http://www.globalresearch.ca/the-irish-slave-trade-the-forgotten-white-slaves/31076