Klipsch newbie (at home, anyway)

Kent T

Hello all Klipsch fans,

I am Kent T, from Athens, TN. I am an avid audiophile for over 40 years. I am new to the Klipsch experience, don't own a pair yet. (I have a pair of Chorus II on loan). I am using a McIntosh MA 5100 integrated amp to drive them with. And very much love Klipsch's sonics and have used them in broadcast station control rooms as an operator and engineer. Which speakers are best suited to small sized rooms in Klipsch? Which is your favorite Klipsch speaker? I really enjoy reading this forum, and have lurked here several months. Thanks!

• Like 1

Welcome Kent!

Can't really go too wrong Klipsch-style. A lot of different members tend to have very different tastes in sound, so what may be best for you could be different from others. Most will tend to recommend Reference series speakers in small spaces though, from my understanding. I'm sure others will chime in.

Have fun!

• Like 1

I have KG4 in my room now. Nice speakers that don't take up tons of space. Not really a competitor to the Chorus II but still a good speaker. Came in oak and walnut too so you can get a real wood veneer if that is something you would like.

Audition the forte II. They dig a little deeper than a Chorus II and although others may disagree a forte II can fufill the same room size as a Chorus II. I bought mine new in 92 and they still put a smile on my face. :)

Best regards,

John

Edited by John Chi-town

Hello all Klipsch fans,

I am Kent T, from Athens, TN. I am an avid audiophile for over 40 years. I am new to the Klipsch experience, don't own a pair yet. (I have a pair of Chorus II on loan). I am using a McIntosh MA 5100 integrated amp to drive them with. And very much love Klipsch's sonics and have used them in broadcast station control rooms as an operator and engineer. Which speakers are best suited to small sized rooms in Klipsch? Which is your favorite Klipsch speaker? I really enjoy reading this forum, and have lurked here several months. Thanks!

hey Kent: welcome aboard. Best ok straight to it. CF3 or CF4. they respond well to upgrades and mods. I also have a liking for KLF20 woofers which I run two way with a Karlson K-Tube made of a paper roll and an EV DH1A with a set of CF3 networks. I much prefer CF3/4 with driver configuration like a KG 5.5 WWT with the horn or K-tube at your seated ear level. Good to have you here. Best regards Moray James.

Edited by moray james

Hello all Klipsch fans,

Welcome aboard, Kent.

Regards,

Jimmy