Looking for Chorus or Cornwalls within driving distance of Montclair , NJ

LaScala Dan

hey guys... not such a newbie as much as a longtime member who couldn't remember his password

10 yrs ago , I was very active on here as "Danocaster". I was working in an audio store and was buying / selling / and shipping some of the bigger spks at great prices ( mostly within this forum ) and was nicknamed "LaScala Dan" - so here I am

DUDE, CUT TO THE CHASE already.. ok ok

My nephew is in college and asked my opinion about speakers , etc for his frat house ( not an Animal House vibe ) but there WILL be parties w/ dancing, etc and they've blown up smaller spks during parties , so I recommended one of the bigger Klipsch and an old-school receiver like a Marantz

if anybody sees or hears of anything within "reasonable driving distance" , PLEASE let me know via PM ( or ideally email - Danocaster AT mac DOT com ) - I would greatly appreciate it

he'd be willing to PAY for shipping but most people seem to think it's a lot harder than it is - and it's almost always "local pickup only"

is NOSCraig still around ?? He'd remember me ;)

• Like 1

Chorus ll would be my first choice as they are more compact than a Cornwall have pro versions of the fifteen inch woofer which can take a lot more power so you can lay on thee watts to a Chorus that would take out a Cornwall. Chorus has the same bass response as the Cornwall does. Chorus ll has a better and larger mid horn than the Chorus or Cornwall does. Best regards Moray James.

• Like 1

21771 too far? I have a pr of chorus II's. new woofers and rehabbed xovers thanks to crites. I'm semi "laid up," so NO shipping. haven't thought about a price..........recently.

and new diaphragms for the tweets.

Edited by angusruler

If you are looking at something within "driving distance", you might want to say exactly where you are located. Much easier to calculate with that little bit of information.........

Shakey

Thinking it is Montclair NJersey there Shakey!

Yes welcome back OP!

well... the Klipsch forum came thru once again... A very cool guy in Connecticut did a google search and saw this post and contacted me. My nephew drove there today and scored this beautiful pair of Cornwall IIs in birch for $600 !!

and when they showed up - they were wearing Bates College t-shirts - the seller's alma mater !! so that was pretty exciting for all of them as well

Cornwall-XL.jpg

Cornwall%202-XL.jpg

The hilarious thing is I was just explaining to Jack : " see now , the real reason the big speakers went away was because guys got married and their wives were like ' You aren't putting those in OUR living room ' , etc ""

and that's EXACTLY this situation.. the guy downscaled because the wife didn't want the big speakers upstairs and they've been in dry storage for the last 12 years - and now he's moving across country ;)