Giant Jukebox with Klipsch speakers

mustang guy

The last couple days I have been working on the giant jukebox pictured. The speakers that were in it were elcheapo Chinese speakers, and one was blown, and the other was good from about 65Hz-6kHz, and that was terribly distorted. I donated a pair of unrestored KPT-200's to the project. They sound miles better. I am going to build a BFM T-30 to fit in the center where the racks are. I will gut the rack, and have the mouth of the tuba shooting between the two KPT-200's. Enough said, here are some pictures:

What KPT-200's look like. These are restored, I used a couple unrestored ones that are 100% mechanically sound. The speakers came from surrounds of an iMax.

Jukebox05.jpg

A couple of stacked 2" X 10" beneath the speaker which has a 9-1/2" base. 2" X 4" on the sides. Very nice fit! Everything screwed tightly in place. I don't know if you can tell in this picture, but the front slopes forward just like the KPT-200. The top front of the speaker is against the face of the jukebox, and the botton is about 2" back. 

Jukebox06.jpg

Jukebox03.jpg

A sheet of 1/2" plywood cut to fit. Wood screws attach the plywood to the 2" lumber and to the speaker. Yes, I ran those screws right into the speaker! Don't worry, they aren't deep enough to hit the crossover.   :)

Jukebox04.jpg

Henry is in there painting them up:

Jukebox02.jpg

All done, and sounds great!

Jukebox01.jpg

Here is the front of the jukebox:

IMG_0041.jpg

Edited by mustang guy
  • Like 4

It's ridiculous that you cut up a couple of 2x4's and everything frames up perfectly!  Why doesn't that ever happen on any of my projects? 

+++

That Rollin' Jukebox is cool, not to mention BIG.  I think it was probably a good thing you did not pick up that Peavey system for this jukebox project.  That would have taken a small army to move around.

• Like 1

That computer is gonna go dtel. It has a nice little SSD in it with Win7 and a jukebox program called Ultimate Jukebox. We are gonna sock that SSD into a smaller box, and mount it. The computer is connected to a touchscreen under that metal flap on the front. It currently allows people to cue songs just as a normal jukebox would. 

The future of this will be a bit different. I will be throwing foobar2000 on it as a player, and will then have the ability through wifi to pause, play, adjust volume etc from a smartdevice. For iPhones it will run the monkeymote app, and for androids the foobarcon app or similar. Of course the touchscreen will still be available to choose songs via foobar2000...

Edited by mustang guy
  • Like 1

That computer is gonna go

'

OK thanks, that's a great idea, and going to be controlled with wifi, you have apparently been thinking about this for a while.

First Class, it going to be a big hit at shows. 

Actually the thanks go to Chris A from this thread: https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/152350-bringing-giant-jukebox-into-the-21st-century-need-help/