It's Here!

BigStewMan

HEAD COUNT I BELIEVE TO BE OVER EXAGERATED,,,BUT YES IN THE MILLIONS... PRIMARILY DEATHS WERE PENUMONIA,,,

well you are in the minority in that respect. the numbers and severity was under reported intentionally to minimize public panic. massive troop movements was a big part of the numbers then but travel was so very much slower back then and it was not as wide spread as it is today. you sound like some kind of spin doctor. yes many died of pneumonia but that was secondary and was as a direct result of the flu. just look now at the WHO numbers where they expect to see in north Africa by December 10,000 new cases per week. closer to home it would be a very good idea to keep fido and kitty indoors and not let them roam to potentially bring problems (death) home to the family. Best regards Moray James.

The 1918 flu epidemic was a virulent new form of flu bug facilitated by large international troop movements.  It's mortality was about 20% at worst, with the young and the elderly disproportionately susceptible.  And this flu was airborne - easily transmissible.  

Ebola is not as easily transmissible but it is more fatal, up to 90%.  Certain cultures and demography's are more vulnerable.  Still..... look at the resources just treating a single case of Ebola commands.  That ties up entire wards and a tons of personnel.  Just a small volume of cases will hamstring our health systems limiting other treatments and procedures.  Ebola is a disease and a treatment logistical nightmare and every effort must be taken to keep it at bay until medicines are available that allow simpler and safer care.

THE DEMOGRAPICS AND CULTURE IN AFRICA ARE ALOT DIFFERENT THAN HERE,,,PEOPLE WILL HUG THEIR DYING FAMILY MEMBER,,WHILE HERE YOU WONT GET THAT CHANCE,,

Unless you hug them before they go to the hospital, hold their hand, kiss them..............

• Like 1

According to this news article 67% of the us public want a travel ban but our leaders that are supposed to be in office to Serve us refuse to impose one

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/ebola-virus-outbreak/battle-over-ebola-travel-ban-health-officials-call-it-big-n228666

I like how they contribe  :pwk_bs:  reasoning that it would slow there access to West Africa harming there ability to fight Ebola, I suppose as Americans we are just to dim witted to know that private flights in and out of these areas NEVER happen.  This lying propaganda crap makes me nuts I know they have there reasons (I suspect they are political, would not want to lose any further democrat votes in an election year).  To lie outright with a preposterous reason anyone with any brains could see through URK's the hell outta me.

Mark it looks like you might have been right as there certainly looks like coverage is on the downside

Edited by joessportster

Always something new... Interesting read, even if you don't agree. A lot of this is documented elsewhere, too.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/a-liberian-scientist-claims-the-u-s-is-responsible-for-the-ebola-outbreak-in-west-africa/5408459

The work referenced here is the research that was foundational in developing the only drug known to be effective in treating acute Ebola infection called Zmapp.  The original goal of the work was done in efforts to define a genetic treatment for cystic fibrosis.  The researchers needed a viral host to insert the genetic material into human cells.  On of the best viruses known is Ebola.  They studied Ebola for this purpose.  

The silver lining here is that these people knew Ebola well enough that when this epidemic got underway that they quickly developed a medication that stopped the virus from entering the cells.  They are the group who developed the drug we know as Zmapp - the only drug that has been used successfully in treating acute Ebola infections.  In animal studies Zmapp cured 100% of monkeys infected with Ebola regardless of how far they were into the infection.  The problem is that Zmapp is not yet on a large scale production.  It is literally grown using the tobacco plant as a natural biological factory to construct the drug.  Getting enough Zmapp to use for everybody is impossible for now.  

And this is a Canadian laboratory, a Canadian researcher and a Canadian product.  It is very possible that US funds went into the project but it is not part of any  weaponized biologic warfare program as far as I can determine.

This is a mess.  Unfortunately, there are about 10,000 cases now over a very large area.  This is a big number and will take a huge response (and money) to contain.

If there was a huge response when there were 10 cases, or 100 cases this could have been contained.  Now there are 10,000 cases and it wil cost a fortune to contain, but significantly less than when there are 100,000 cases, or 1,000,000 cases. 

It is not our mess, but if the good ole USA does not step up (and convince other countries to step up) it is going to become our problem (and everyone elses) when we have 10,000+ cases in our country. 

If this were a business, the decision is easy, pay now or pay a lot more later.  On the plus side, after this is fixed everyone can go on hating and blaming us.

Not sure if you believe that my last input on this was errant or if you're just presenting new information.  However, I am certain.  Your prior citation referred to work done by the Canadians.  There was nothing secretive about the project or anything dire or evil about the work.

As for these citations: If you wish to believe that Ebola has been intentionally let to go rampant in some effort to use the bug in some militarized format...... fine.  That argument can be made.  If they did so - they did a clumsy job (IMHO).  The other article regarding Germany's transfer of Ebola strains really says nothing.  It is SOP to require those nonproliferation qualifiers when transferring strains of infectious organisms of any sort.

Could Ebola make a good biological war bug?  Honestly I do not know.  Obviously it is lethal enough once caught.  But in its current status it is not infectious enough.  It really needs to be airborne.  Using such weapons would be more doomsday than tactical.  If you aim to win a conflict using them you'd have to be able to manage the spread of the illness.  Your side would need a vaccine or a cure and your adversary none.  

Terrifyingly there are such people out there willing to use Ebola as a doomsday weapon.  Radicals could self infect and intentionally travel the globe working to seed the bug in susceptible populations.  These are some scary times.  Hopefully we can get some curatives defined for Ebola before some idiot tries anything sinister.  But nature will provide us with other new pathogens.  Count on that.

• Like 1

God help us as there seem to be too many idiots stirring the pot and stoking the fire.  Obviously the world would be better off without so many people.  I expect to see more pandemic's in the future.  I would hope I'm wrong but time will tell.

Does anyone know how far back the mamale that has survived the longest so far, has been here?  Might give us a target to aim past.  

God help us as there seem to be too many idiots stirring the pot and stoking the fire.  Obviously the world would be better off without so many people.  I expect to see more pandemic's in the future.  I would hope I'm wrong but time will tell.

Does anyone know how far back the mamale that has survived the longest so far, has been here?  Might give us a target to aim past.  

The dinosaurs appear to have been much better equipped than we are.  I am reading a book by Carl Sagan right now that happens to have the info.  The dinosaurs made it 180 million years and an asteroid took them out.  We are at about 1 million years.  Our chances are slim in surpassing them, but we might be reduced to a fraction of our population (for a good amount of time there were about 20,000 humans on the earth), the earth heal, repopulate, and go through the cycle many times.

I am very skeptical and cynical and still do not believe that this outbreak is intentional.  The government promotes business and the interest of the powerful in making more money and getting more power (and does not care who gets hurt in the process).  A pandemic will kill consumers and taxpayers.  No real money in it, and, although it wil be the least of our worries, our economy will be destroyed in the process. 

• Like 1

Your prior citation referred to work done by the Canadians. There was nothing secretive about the project or anything dire or evil about the work.
Agreed! I had, but can't find, info about the U.S.G. and the Canadian company working together in Liberia, having contracts working together. I would like to believe that they are specifically working on a vaccine and not trying to weaponize it.

I'm not a big conspiracy fan, but if the Guvmint gets involved, it can certainly do everything wrong. (Although, the idea of the Skunkworks project for a fusion reactor is really exciting)