New-ish Klipsch owner

AaronH

Good afternoon all! First time poster here but been here for a year reading. In December of last year I decided to upgrade my system with some RF82ii, RC-62ii and I had some Polk towers lying around for rears. All I can say is that was quite a sweet sounding system. Like you all though, I had the regret of not buying what I really wanted and couldn't afford to at the time due to Christmas and all. Last week my wife let me upgrade to the RF7ii and RC64ii and I was sooooo pumped that I FINALLY get to have what I wanted! Should be here on Monday.  My plan is to move the 82's to act as rears. My question is to anyone who is running 82's as surrounds, how does it sound? Should I get the RS-62's instead?

My system:

Yamaha Aventage 1030 (pre)

Outlaw 7500 (200w x 5)

SVS PC-13 Ultra

Klipsch RF7ii x 2

Klipsch RC64ii

Klipsch RF82ii x 2

APC H15 power conditioner.

Edited by AaronH
  • Like 2

AaronH,

Welcome to the forum.

That crazy upgrade bug, it is powerful.

Your soon to be system is going to rock.

My plan is to move the 82's to act as rears. My question is to anyone who is running 82's as surrounds, how does it sound?

While I think tower speakers as surrounds are awesome for multichannel music, I prefer surround speakers to sit higher on the walls(6 to 7 feet) for HT.  Therefore my preference are the RS speakers in HT applications.

Bill

I think your plan will work out. I use KLF-10's in an all-KLF HT system. Those are full sized floorstanders like yours. At some point, you may want to use sonically matched rears (in the same series  as your front speakers). Until then, just enjoy your system. From everything I've read, you have some awesome main speakers for HT and some very good rears. Welcome from Colorado.

• Moderators

Welcome, Good choice........on the wife for sure. :emotion-21:

If you don't like it, later you could always sell the 82's and get something else with some $ left over I would guess ?  But you will probably like what you hear.

have fun

Guest Steven1963

Welcome to the forums!  Question: why lurk for a year?

I don't know what the RF 7II's sound like...but I hear they are AWESOME.

Congratulations!

oh and, pics or it didn't happen!