Ebola - NY/NJ beginning mandatory quarantines

Guest Steven1963

Guest Steven1963

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2014/10/24/new-york-new-jersey-set-up-mandatory-quarantine-requirement-amid-ebola-threat/

"Under the new rules, state officials will establish a risk level by considering the countries that people have visited and their level of possible exposure to Ebola.

The patients with the highest level of possible exposure will be automatically quarantined for 21 days at a government-regulated facility. As WCBS 880’s Rich Lamb reported, those patients include anyone having direct contact with a person infected with Ebola while in Liberia, Guinea, or Sierra Leone."

I am a big believer in Constitutional Rights...but this is the correct action to take.  Too bad Obola couldn't get off the golf course long enough to do this a month ago at the national level.

Edited by Steven1963

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2014/10/24/new-york-new-jersey-set-up-mandatory-quarantine-requirement-amid-ebola-threat/

"Under the new rules, state officials will establish a risk level by considering the countries that people have visited and their level of possible exposure to Ebola.

The patients with the highest level of possible exposure will be automatically quarantined for 21 days at a government-regulated facility. As WCBS 880’s Rich Lamb reported, those patients include anyone having direct contact with a person infected with Ebola while in Liberia, Guinea, or Sierra Leone."

I am a big believer in Constitutional Rights...but this is the correct action to take.  Too bad Obola couldn't get off the golf course long enough to do this a month ago at the national level.

Too bad they didnt start this a couple weeks ago b-4 the good Dr could go bowling, ride the subway etc...etc...etc...

As just this morning they were touting how safe the people of NYC were, I am guessing they are caving to public discourse with the way things were being handled

Frankly I feel like it is a step in the right direction, Hopefully not to late for all those exposed by the so called Dr

should stop all travel...time to do a full ground stop on all flights to and from the affected area's

Time to do that has LONG past.

Better late then before it's Too Late

YOUR CHILDREN ARE IN MORE DANGER FROM SOME CRAZED KID COMING TO SCHOOL AND SHOOTING UP THE CLAssrooms

Now that's just crazy.  Should this get established in this country we may find out different.

Either way is not tolerable 

At least it's not Dallas again.  :rolleyes:

ask yourself … what would JR do?  The only episode of Dallas that i ever watched was the revealing of who shot JR. Got caught in a major rainstorm in Sacramento, CA and my truck didn’t have windshield wipers. It was the evening, so i just pulled into a hotel. Turned on the television and that was what was on.  

I hate myself a little for telling this story.  Forgive me while i go find the Thread Crapping Honey Pot.

P.S. Ebola sucks.

Edited by BigStewMan

Co-worker just got back from a conference in North Carolina. Her plane had a layover in Dallas. She says her grandmother picks her up at the airport when she arrives back in California.  Next day, Grandma gets a case of the trots, when she learns that my co-worker had been to the Dallas airport, Grandma gets worried.  Next morning she says that she thinks she has ebola. I’m not laughing at an elderly person’s mental anguish; but, it was kinda funny.

Edited by BigStewMan

Co-worker just got back from a conference in North Carolina. Her plane had a layover in Dallas. She says her grandmother picks her up at the airport when she arrives back in California.  Next day, Grandma gets a case of the trots, when she learns that my co-worker had been to the Dallas airport, Grandma gets worried.  Next morning she says that she thinks she has ebola. I’m not laughing at an elderly person’s mental anguish; but, it was kinda funny.

Better she has concerns.  Not like the people that have been exposed and have the 'it could not happen to me attitude!'

Grandmothers rock.  This one sounds special. 

Edited by Taz

Guest Steven1963

or some crazed nut with an ax taking a swing at a police officer,,,come on... ITS GOING ON ALL THE TIME,,,

That guy was stopped with a gun.Would anybody shoot a guy or gal for sneezing?
I need more information before I answer. Are they sneezing directly on me or making an attempt to cover their mouth?

or some crazed nut with an ax taking a swing at a police officer,,,come on... ITS GOING ON ALL THE TIME,,,

We have a major municipality taking a very logical approach to containing a highly lethal and very infectious viral disease and SOME people still find fault?  Before I was thinking you might be skeptical.  Now I think you have other motivations during this season of elections.  Containing any infectious disease is not convenient or easy.............  but it is most necessary.  Science dictates that you do no allow these things to casually move around the planet.  If anything you error on the side of caution and safety.  Sure, you combat the disease at its origins but you keep it contained in the most efficient manners necessary.  Ebola is not an 'oops' opportunity.  2 years from now if Ebola is in all 50 states we should not be 2nd guessing what was done wrong in 2014.  

I might be the oldest person on this forum,,,But I have seen a lot of horror diseases in my time,,,  As a child small pox was the scare,,, POLIO struck in our neighborhood,,,,a friend of mine I played with, now was in a lung machine,, We just played soft ball the week before,,, He was paralyzed from the neck down,,that machine was his only life support...He eventually died... another friend of mine, She developed an allergy,,,we were teens,, She died within two weeks, Would you believe I still think of her ?...   Violence and WAR took more of my friends... EBOLA is not a oops disease,, neither was the past diseases,,,,,Drive by shootings just killed a little girl last week,,,,, That's why I moved from St.Louis,,, That accoured on my block,,,AN oops civic problem ??   IT SEEMS WE HAVE BECOME HARD,NT TO OTHER TYPES OF DEATH,,, and are jumping scared,,putting blame on our first line of defence,,,The hospitals,doctors and nurses,,This new disease is as new to them as all the other deadly disease that have happened,,,  "ITS GOING ON ALL THE TIME"   We also have POLITICLE mindset disease,s that start wars...

ZAKO.........  You understand and you have witnessed infectious diseases.  You should be chiefly concerned with keeping the scourge of Ebola under the strictest containment.  Nobody here is discounting other causes of death and suffering.  It would be marvelous if all illness and anger and greed and jealousy would end and life for everyone could be idillic.  We can only do what we understand is the wisest actions to do.  It is not unreasonable to take the most extreme efforts to contain Ebola and HIV and small pox, polio, TB, measles, etc, etc.  We have medical strategies in place for most of these.  We have none for Ebola other than the perfectly clear one - keep it bottled up as we develop the effective treatments.

BTW - in my career I took loving care of the ventilator dependent polio victims and many others require long term ventilator management.  I fully understand their plight and the horrors of infectious disease, premature death and trauma.  I am a pragmatic person.  Allowing Ebola to pop up and then retroactively scouring about for possible victims is ludicrous.  That is the very last and the worst case scenario - not the one to be blithely accommodated as SOP.

• Like 1