Time for some Christmas shopping. Post what you'll be buying or getting!

JL Sargent

NOT even Thanksgiving Day yet and people are talking about Christmas?

Another Holiday to support the merchants.

Sometimes it just gets too depressing for me.  I prefer the act of giving when it is not a holiday and I do it just because I want to.

Not meant to tread on other's feelings or beliefs.  

Edited by Taz
  • Like 1

When i was a kid my folks had meager means so birthday and christmas were the only times they could really spoil me. Now that im an adult in a dual income household i have the disposable income and freedom to buy "toys" throughout the year.. Ive made a concerted effort to indulge my girls and nieces/nephews for the sake of the fun and magical side of christmas (with a very healthy dose of spirituality), but otherwise have been putting a priority on spending quality time with friends and family, requesting that they reciprocate with the same. Some insist on doing gifts anyways, but outside the expectation of receiving anything in return and hurt feelings when i dont reciprocate with stuff.

My wife and i try to make every day christmas, valentines day, birthday, etc - living intentionally and consistently and not just when the themed holiday rolls around.

Having said that, I think im getting new socks and underwear from santa. And i know the wife is getting a few new baking pans. ;)

• Like 3

NOT even Thanksgiving Day yet and people are talking about Christmas?

(small sniplets)

I really know what you mean.  In the past we had Black Friday, which has now morphed into "Black November" as all the merchants line up to see who can grab folk's disposable income before the other guy does.  I don't blame anybody for that, it's just business, but I confess to be a little tired of Christmas already, and it's not yet the season!  I think that will change as the "real" Christmas season gets here.

+++

Minor Thread Drift:  Speaking of disposable income, what does the Klipsch Forum Collective think?  As consumers of new and old audio gear, is this a better time to BUY new and used stuff, or a better time to SELL?

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 1

Here is a idea for Tarheel to buy his lady friend.

1507707_10205095010033090_33946014221762

smiley_ROFLMAO.gif  That's great...

I've already sent to my WAF - then to our "fashion police" daughter--who lives in downtown Fort Worth...which is nicknamed "Cowtown" for those of you that may not know...