New paint job on old faithful

USNRET

What's the output of the SS? Are you going to tweak it some??

It is completely stock except for the wheels, stock ones stolen a few months ago and were irreplaceable. I have reservations about additional horsepower due to my perceived limitations of the AWD transmission.

I figured that with my luck after the money spent on the new leather, carpet and paint that I would have a major power train issue. If so, then I can say: Look dear we have spent so much I can't afford to get a new one so I will just get a crate motor from Chevy and get the tranny built to match (didn't say WHICH crate motor :ph34r: ).

Link to specs: http://www.pickuptrucks.com/html/2003/chevrolet/silveradoss/firstlook3.html

• Like 1

That engine has about the same torque as the one in my brown truck. That's plenty! Tires are too darned expensive for any more.  :)

This is a similar truck to the one I am working on now. I am in the early stages. Frame painted, cab painted, bed painted. No engine or bumpers, needs interior restoration, and have a new wiring harness to install.

post-47699-0-06740000-1418401836_thumb.j

• Like 1

priced them and laughed as I walk away, wondering who the heck pays 40- 60K for a pickup

Probably the same kind of idiots who buy 40K jeep wranglers then adds mods on top of that. I'm hoping to keep mine forever plus residual value is really good or else I wouldn't have done that. As stuff starts wearing out I'll be doing the exact same thing that the OP is.

Trucks though, yeah I don't get it, lots of people get them them don't keep them long, there's always a ton of used trucks that aren't that old and they don't hold their value all that well. They don't wear out as fast as cars either, so buying used is typically much smarter. Somebody's buying new ones all the time though.

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

priced them and laughed as I walk away, wondering who the heck pays 40- 60K for a pickup

Probably the same kind of idiots who buy 40K jeep wranglers then adds mods on top of that. I'm hoping to keep mine forever plus residual value is really good or else I wouldn't have done that. As stuff starts wearing out I'll be doing the exact same thing that the OP is.

Trucks though, yeah I don't get it, lots of people get them them don't keep them long, there's always a ton of used trucks that aren't that old and they don't hold their value all that well. They don't wear out as fast as cars either, so buying used is typically much smarter. Somebody's buying new ones all the time though.

Guess I'm an idiot, although until now I didn't realize that the mere purchase of a new F150 Lariat made me such. I just thought that having a nice truck was pretty cool. Why was I so naive? Now, I'm crushed.

What is the next thing in the profiler's manual after "idiot", because I have some other nice stuff that I've spent too much(evidently) $$$ on? Maybe I qualify for the idiot's Hall of Fame, or some such thing. Just sayin'.

Guess I'm an idiot, although until now I didn't realize that the mere purchase of a new F150 Lariat made me such. I just thought that having a nice truck was pretty cool. Why was I so naive? Now, I'm crushed.

What is the next thing in the profiler's manual after "idiot", because I have some other nice stuff that I've spent too much(evidently) $$$ on? Maybe I qualify for the idiot's Hall of Fame, or some such thing. Just sayin'.

Its OK, I just spent $2500 on a big service for an old Lexus (timing belt, struts, brakes, the list goes on) that is not worth that much more than that on Bluebook.  It is mint and I absolutely love the car. 

I was also "smart enough" to sell all my muscle cars right before their prices went through the roof.  But honestly, I do not miss them at all.  I usually do the service myself but just paid to get it done, don't like working on cars anymore either. 

As long as you don't get a Darwin Award your OK.  Never got into having New cars or pickups myself.

Edited by Taz

I'm an idiot too.  :) Superduty F250 Lariat Diesel. It's my daily driver.

Tongue & cheek, Joe.   :rolleyes:

Greg my comments were not meant with any ill intent, Mostly it is just a description of my own feelings on car manufacturers now days, I personally say more power to anyone that can afford such a vehicle and Enjoy

It was not my intention to offend and I apologize if I have

Oh yea  The truck looks great

Edited by joessportster