Need direction for HT heavy WAF

rockhound

WAF

1. No BIG floor standers I did manage to convince her to keep the Hersey 2's but not sure if they will suffice as mains? These will soon be my sons so I should probably plan on new mains.

2. No BIG box seen that goes boom (sub), I will need to figure a way to have a sub hidden was thinking of hiding it in the media cabinet center14"x14" or possibly have one made to resemble a peace of furniture coffee table?

Wives come and go - Great HT rooms are for life. :o

Wow.....I've been incredibly blessed to be married to the most amazing woman for the past 18 years and have 4 incredible children together.  For us, divorce isn't an option....period.  ;)

I  assume you have asked her why she doesn't like big boxes.  My wife loves our Klipschorns.  She comes from a family that has great antiques, and is familiar with big fine wood china cabinets, etc.  I saw photos of the house of an artist with a JBL Hartsfield in it -- it looked great, as do some of the new JBLs..  Big Bozaks, JBL Paragons, EVs can be found in the upscale, aesthetically pleasing homes of collectors around the world.  

If you can hide a sub, the Heresies would serve in a good, but not great, HT.  :)

You could try scaring her with pictures of a Jub, then substitute a smaller, but still big, box as a compromise.  That's how C.B DeMille convinced Claudette Colbert to tolerate a small snake who was playing the asp who bit Cleopatra.  He first brought her a python!

Edited by Garyrc

Going back to page one, I am with Roger on this.  In any move, I've told the PAW that all is up to her...except the listening room.

I think that's fair.  When it comes to bedrooms, baths, kitchens, etc. what works for her works for me. 

Just need a place for my Klipschorns. 

Dave

• Like 2

Going back to page one, I am with Roger on this.  In any move, I've told the PAW that all is up to her...except the listening room.

I think that's fair.  When it comes to bedrooms, baths, kitchens, etc. what works for her works for me. 

Just need a place for my Klipschorns. 

Dave

We have the same arrangement in our house.

Wives come and go - Great HT rooms are for life. :o

Wow.....I've been incredibly blessed to be married to the most amazing woman for the past 18 years and have 4 incredible children together.  For us, divorce isn't an option....period.  ;)

Youth,

I would like to meet your wife someday, but she would be hard pressed to compete with Eldon / DTELs wife, she is the one who told Eldon they needed to get MWM double bins with K-402, K-69 setup!  :rolleyes: 

Rog

• Moderators
Youth, I would like to meet your wife someday, but she would be hard pressed to compete with Eldon / DTELs wife, she is the one who told Eldon they needed to get MWM double bins with K-402, K-69 setup! :rolleyes: Rog

My wife is awesome...but she can't compare with Eldon's wife regarding speakers.  My wife doesn't like movies or loud music at all.  She likes music just as long as it's gentle.

I use a table pad on top of my speakers. I have no problems so far. I've thought about glass, but was afraid somebody would toss a tool on it and break it.

Mustang guy,

Glass is "****"

If you are really afraid of it breaking, get thicker Glass, I had custom beveled 1 inch thick tops made for my two Velodyne subs! I didn't want the glass to walk. They cost $400 for the pair.

Roger

What does everyone think if the Quartets as mains? I have found a set but they are priced at a premium at 500.00.

$400 is premium, they would have to be flawless, without a chip, stain, or crack in the veneer with drivers in like condition and I would have to pick them up for $500.

Roger

What does everyone think if the Quartets as mains? I have found a set but they are priced at a premium at 500.00.

$400 is premium, they would have to be flawless, without a chip, stain, or crack in the veneer with drivers in like condition and I would have to pick them up for $500.

Roger

I do believe this to be the case one owner set walnut finish and I could not see in the pics one blemish. I've got my Chorus 2's in the living room now so Im somewhat satisfied bad thing is now I will have to add a sub to my 2ch setup as the little heresy just don't go low enough for me. I was hoping I could buy these to replace the H2's and move the C2's back to my listening room but I just can't pay that I bough my C2's for less and bought and sold a pair of mint forte 2's for that.