VRDs on Agon.

HPower

Think I got a good deal.

THANKS HPOWER!

Almost brand new pair of NOS Valve VRD amplifiers in mint condition - santos mahogany cases. I am relocating and need to downsize my system. Many upgrades made when built, including:
Jupiter Beeswax coupling caps upgrade ($170)
Upgraded resistor and power supply bypass ($94)
Cardas GRFA Rhodium Over Silver RCA jacks ($208)
Matched Quad Tung Sol KT-150 ($380)
(2) Mullard CV593 ($300)
(2) Mullard 10M 12AX7 ($600/pr)
(2) CBS 7318 ($400/pr)
Total price when new $5376.

http://app.audiogon.com/listings/tube-nosvalves-vrd-kt-150-monoblocks-with-upgrades-2014-12-26-amplifiers-07727-farmingdale-nj?show_listing=true#3SBtJ1sEVO7hkDxr.99

Edited by eth2

Think I got a good deal.

THANKS HPOWER!

Almost brand new pair of NOS Valve VRD amplifiers in mint condition - santos mahogany cases. I am relocating and need to downsize my system. Many upgrades made when built, including:

(2) Mullard CV593 ($300)

(2) CBS 7318 ($400/pr)

http://app.audiogon.com/listings/tube-nosvalves-vrd-kt-150-monoblocks-with-upgrades-2014-12-26-amplifiers-07727-farmingdale-nj?show_listing=true#3SBtJ1sEVO7hkDxr.99

You got a awesome deal , they dont get any better all top notch tubes . That was a once in a lifetime deal  you should make a deal on the matching pre    anyway congrats

• Like 1

Think I got a good deal.

THANKS HPOWER!

(2) Mullard CV593 ($300)

(2) CBS 7318 ($400/pr)

You got a awesome deal , they dont get any better all top notch tubes . That was a once in a lifetime deal  you should make a deal on the matching pre    anyway congrats

Thanks,

I have just bought two preamps - A Krell (ss) and a Cary (tube). I still have the Peach that Mark upgraded as well.

Edited by eth2

Just snagged the VRD's! Picking up on Sunday.

Wow, NICE GOING!!!  Those look spectacular!

Are you going to list all the stuff you acquired this year?  I think you've got enough now to start your own high-end audio store! 

I'm not 100% sure because I started here on the Kforum in March or April, but didn't you start 2014 with not very much, and you've "grown your collection" since then? 

Just snagged the VRD's! Picking up on Sunday.

Wow, NICE GOING!!!  Those look spectacular!

Are you going to list all the stuff you acquired this year?  I think you've got enough now to start your own high-end audio store! 

I'm not 100% sure because I started here on the Kforum in March or April, but didn't you start 2014 with not very much, and you've "grown your collection" since then? 

I am afraid I might need to be "liquidating" some of my collection. I know I want to keep my K'horns, my KLF-30's and my CornScalas. Everything else is in jeopardy. :unsure:

Edited by eth2
  • Like 1

Nice quiet amps Earl, and plenty of power, they will make a superb K-Horn setup, forget about the Krell the Cary might mate well though  which one do you have ??

Cary did a couple very well regarded pre-amps Cant comment on the peach but as it is fresh back from mark with all his new goodies I would say it would mate well, The NBS looks like a good pre as well but you should get a break from the seller if you buy both ( at least I always want 1  :D )

• Like 1

Nice quiet amps Earl, and plenty of power, they will make a superb K-Horn setup, forget about the Krell the Cary might mate well though  which one do you have ??

Cary did a couple very well regarded pre-amps Cant comment on the peach but as it is fresh back from mark with all his new goodies I would say it would mate well, The NBS looks like a good pre as well but you should get a break from the seller if you buy both ( at least I always want 1  :D )

Krell KSL and Cary SLP-2002

• Like 1

Krell KSL and Cary SLP-2002

Well Earl, you scored good buddy.

I love nothing more than seeing a killer deal like this, it will always be worth what you paid, you cannot lose.

Pretty much how i handled my Klipsch purchases in the past. wait long enough for anything and you WILL find it for the right price.

Your starting your New Year the right way :emotion-21::emotion-19:

• Like 1