Favorite Beatles album

Maccagirl83

For Boxx...

Well done, bravo!!!  You're dad to a tee.

This was one of my favorites for worst of the worst nominations, it causes chills to run down my spine.... and makes me want to run for cover.

Well...I know I could never take my Dad's place. (and nor would I ever want to.) But, this has been a good outlet so far, and a great place to remind me that he is here with me right now.

• Like 3

Fan or not... The Beatles 3-D remix Grammy award winning "Love" should be in every ones collection.

Just how did they get that track behind my seating position?? I have not tried the 5.1 Vr. but I'm sure it also must be a cool trip.

http://www.amazon.com/Love-Beatles/dp/B000JK8OYU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1421010145&sr=8-1&keywords=beatles+love

I think it won a Grammy I could be wrong might just be the one I awarded them in my basement. ;+)

Edited by RagingBullWinkle

Wow folks...lots of good stuff. You guys really know how to make somebody feel welcome. 

Any thoughts on Help or Hard Days Night?

Interesting question.  The music was, of course, from the albums and thus the movies don't have anything extra as far as music per se.  The movies were fairly lightweight in plot.

In my view, the movies were the first time when much of the public could hear The Beatles in full fidelity.  The sound systems at many movie theaters were advanced, having been improved for the big epic films of the day in Cinerama etc.

OTOH, a lot of people, myself included, had previously only heard The Beatles on A.M. radio, or small, cheap systems, or clock radios.   

If memory serves, I saw "A Hard Days Night" on a double bill with, "The Russians are Coming, The Russians are Coming."  TRaC was marvelous.   You kinda had to be there in the Cold War Era, and it was set in Long Island / New England, where I grew up.

But the raw musical energy of The Beatles was astonishing. 

FWIW, I have reports from two women who went to Beatles concerts.  They both say they could not hear the music over the screaming of young ladies.

WMcD

Edited by William F. Gil McDermott

Wow folks...lots of good stuff. You guys really know how to make somebody feel welcome. 

Any thoughts on Help or Hard Days Night?

Interesting question.  The music was, of course, from the albums and thus the movies don't have anything extra as far as music per se.  The movies were fairly lightweight in plot.

In my view, the movies were the first time when much of the public could hear The Beatles in full fidelity.  The sound systems at many movie theaters were advanced, having been improved for the big epic films of the day in Cinerama etc.

OTOH, a lot of people, myself included, had previously only heard The Beatles on A.M. radio, or small, cheap systems, or clock radios.   

If memory serves, I saw "A Hard Days Night" on a double bill with, "The Russians are Coming, The Russians are Coming."  TRaC was marvelous.   You kinda had to be there in the Cold War Era, and it was set in Long Island / New England, where I grew up.

But the raw musical energy of The Beatles was astonishing. 

FWIW, I have reports from two women who went to Beatles concerts.  They both say they could not hear the music over the screaming of young ladies.

WMcD

Interesting...what about the two LP releases of Hard Days Night and Help that was the incidental music? They are an interesting addition to a collection. HDN was released last year on cd, but, Help's incidentals have yet to be released on cd. If you can locate the LP, the Sitar versions of some of their songs up to that point are amusing.

As far as the concerts...you couldn't hear the music, and the concerts smelled like urine.

Edited by Maccagirl83

OTOH, a lot of people, myself included, had previously only heard The Beatles on A.M. radio, or small, cheap systems, or clock radios.

Good point about the sound in the theaters back then Gil.

Now my own approach to the beatles was to find the crappiest transistor radio, or beat up car radio getting a weak signal from the farthest away AM station, then turn it down really low, then turn it up really high for the exciting parts, then realizing their were no exciting parts to beatles music I'd promptly turn it off.

Then because my ears had been so violated, if even for a moment, I'd tear out the car radio and throw it out the window. Now if it was a transistor radio, I'd take the elevator to the roof of the highest building around and throw it off the roof, hopefully where it would meet the tires of a passing semi-tractor trailer.

Given the popularity of those cooties I went through a lot of radios.

• Like 1