Your Favorite Acoustic Music ?

joessportster

Tommy Emmanuel.  Easily one of the top 3 acoustic guitarists on the planet....

Also, Joe Bonamassa, acoustic concert in Vienna.

Oh yea, Leo Kotke....Greenhouse.

I agree, Tommy Emmanuel is definitely a master and showman on a guitar, Bonamassa is exceptional also. 

Edwin McCain is one of my favorite artist and is mostly acoustic.

Led Zeppelin lll has some excellent acoustic and mandolin songs from a heavy metal band.

My 14 year old daughter has gotten me into one of her favs lately, a young guy Ed Sheerin,,,,very soulful for a 22 year old.

I am also partial to Japanese Imperial Court music, known as Gagaku... Quite spectacular.

--------

Also Indian Carnatic singing is stunning to listen to.

The incomparable MS Subbalakshmi

Edited by Schu

now i’m curious.

Keiko Matsui a jazz pianist, lol.  I have more of her albums than anyother  artist, lol.  Her music is not for everybody but, I find it a nice blend of different styles of jazz with the larege orchestra feel.  I listen to a little bit of everything, so I am an easy customer.

Edited by derrickdj1
  • Like 1

I will admit I want to use this as a resource to go to so I can look for new Acoustic Music. It has quickly become one of my favorite genre to listen to

My definition of Acoustic does not mean a recording need be 100% Acoustic rather be predominately Acoustic.

I am currently listening to Rodrigo-Y-Gabriela, Stairway to Heaven on the MHDT and I must say it is glorious right up there with the best vinyl playback I have heard, This dac and acoustic are made for each other. 

So please post some of your favorite acoustic music here, I will start off with a few of my favorites 

Steve Earle

last week I was watching reruns of "the wire" on hbo. the season where earle acts as bubble's sponsor, and he also sings the theme song. underrated musician imo.

Yep Way Down in a Hole, written by Tom Waits no less  :D  I have it

• Like 1

Thanks Schu, I like the 2nd video, although I am sure it takes great talent for the first video I cant get into that

I understand... it's take a severe level of deprogramming from westernized listening to really get into much of the music I listen to... it's NOT for everybody. Fripps series is based on symphony/composition and not really virtuosity.

Edited by Schu

I like the Unplugged series as well (Clapton, McCartney esp.)

Also, Strunz and Farrah...

I have 1 strunz album that was a gift and to be honest I have not listened to it (I have a good bit of music like that I am ashamed to admit  :( ) but since it gets a thumbs up here I will move it higher on the list.I will also have to look for McCartney unplugged, I have a few unplugged albums but have not heard McCartney 

It's called Paul McCartney Unplugged...The official bootleg. It has some good cuts on it. I really like when McCartney plays a specific acoustic set in his concerts. It's so clean sounding, and intimate.