Your Favorite Acoustic Music ?

joessportster

I will admit I want to use this as a resource to go to so I can look for new Acoustic Music. It has quickly become one of my favorite genre to listen to

My definition of Acoustic does not mean a recording need be 100% Acoustic rather be predominately Acoustic.

I am currently listening to Rodrigo-Y-Gabriela, Stairway to Heaven on the MHDT and I must say it is glorious right up there with the best vinyl playback I have heard, This dac and acoustic are made for each other. 

So please post some of your favorite acoustic music here, I will start off with a few of my favorites 

Steve Earl, Transcendental Blues, Over Yonder

Rodrigo-Y-Gabriela, self titled album, C.U.B.A. Area 51

Eric Clapton, Unplugged (Deluxe version from HD Tracks is amazing)

White Stripes, Get Behind Me Satan, As Ugly as I Seem

Ray Lamontagne,  Gossip in the Grain, Trouble, Till the Sun Turns Black, all Excellent IMHO

Damien Rice, Anything 

Sulfjan Stevens, Michigan, Illinoise

Bon Iver, For Emma Forever Ago

Bruce Springsteen, Basically anything he did Acoustic

I will add more as I think of them

Edited by joessportster
  • Like 2

100 percent concur with John Prine, He is great, I will have a look at Hiatt

Leonard Cohen

Tom Waits

Both belong on the first list, Just get lost at times, Memory is not what it used to be :(

check out "slow turning," great cd. I guess he's about 50/50 amplified/acoustic. he usually changes his back-up band every 1 or 2 albums. he always seems to find great musicians to play with, sonny landreth being one....he played on slow turning also.

Edited by angusruler

Quick intro to Joe Bonamassa, acoustic concert in Vienna tells me this one will be a new addition soon

I will check that out SCHU, feel free to just add a few I doubt anyone will add all they know and love just pick a few you really like I really want to end up with a reference to visit and keep trying new artists

I will add 

Adrian Legg Guitar for Mortals ( I will credit this to Jbryan as he is the reason I have this one)

I like the Unplugged series as well (Clapton, McCartney esp.)

Also, Strunz and Farrah...

I have 1 strunz album that was a gift and to be honest I have not listened to it (I have a good bit of music like that I am ashamed to admit  :( ) but since it gets a thumbs up here I will move it higher on the list.I will also have to look for McCartney unplugged, I have a few unplugged albums but have not heard McCartney 

• Like 1

Try JAMES-LAID Album. Excellent listening. One of my all time favorites, and with tubes even better.

There is a street musician named Kartal from Miami. He has music online also. He plays Flamenco music with the Acrylic strings. If you can't find it let me know,I can burn a copy for you and send it. Same thing with the James CD.

Edited by Jim

I will admit I want to use this as a resource to go to so I can look for new Acoustic Music. It has quickly become one of my favorite genre to listen to

My definition of Acoustic does not mean a recording need be 100% Acoustic rather be predominately Acoustic.

I am currently listening to Rodrigo-Y-Gabriela, Stairway to Heaven on the MHDT and I must say it is glorious right up there with the best vinyl playback I have heard, This dac and acoustic are made for each other. 

So please post some of your favorite acoustic music here, I will start off with a few of my favorites 

Steve Earle

last week I was watching reruns of "the wire" on hbo. the season where earle acts as bubble's sponsor, and he also sings the theme song. underrated musician imo.

I like several of those you mentioned Joe. Also like one that nobody's mentioned yet. NIRVANAs' MTV Unplugged. Some of the songs are played in a manner that is completely different from the way they were performed on the album in which they were officially released. Unfortunately Kurt Cobain wasn't able to get a handle on his depression and we'll never get another treat. The album may be too dark for some, but I really enjoy it.

Here's just a few songs.

All Apologies

About A Girl

Lake Of Fire

• Like 2