Modified (Hotrod) Klipschorns bought

richieb

This will be short as I find iPad typing quite tedious. The whether or not post to buy or not buy hot rod KHorns has been answered. Yes, yes and yes. As NASA once said "the eagle has landed". And now that I see/hear these in the flesh lets just agree they are "hot rods". As great as my 5 day old LaScalla's sound I was concerned whether or not the KHorns would compete. Yes they do. I had not heard KHorns in over 35 years and not sure ever in a home setting so really had no baseline comparing factory to hot rod. Just finally had the right room and they were on my Klipsch bucket list. As I listen I am confident to say my bucket is overflowing. Thanks to all that opined on my original post. And yes - They Are Klipschorns.

I'll add to this tomorrow as I'm still a bit overwhelmed.

• Like 3

If you got all that out on that lousy Ipad keypad....  it will be very nice to see what you can do with a normal keyboard!

Hey - I didn't say it was easy or how much time it took! Or how lazy I was not to walk up a few stairs to the real keyboard! OR could it have been I was listening to my new, first ever KHorns that had me planted?!

:emotion-21:

Grats!  Now take some pics of those bad boys and make sure to include good shots of the 'hot rod' additions!  Look forward to seeing them.

Steven and Others who have asked - 

for now the best pics are those shown on the Klipsch community home forum page - recent photos. Mine are the last 5.

Thks 

Rich

Guest Steven1963

Those look awesome!  I'll bet you are beaming like a man who just became a father.  Congratulations again, they really are a very special speaker and like you, they were on my bucket list for 30 years before I finally got them. 

I'm (hopefully) about to move into a much larger home (being built) and one of the criteria for my new home was to have adequate walls and space for my Klipschorns.  Your speakers with the upgrades makes me think I might even look into something like that.  Yes, I know I posted that I believe they wouldn't be Klipschorns anymore, and I do personally believe that, but just as anyone on this site would agree, once you get bitten by the bug, there is no end.

So if it happens, I'll post pics of the speakers sitting in the new digs, and then if I go the upgrade route, I'll be on here asking YOU and everyone else for opinions.

Again, grats.  I can almost feel the excitement you are experiencing.

Yes, I know I posted that I believe they wouldn't be Klipschorns anymore, and I do personally believe that, but just as anyone on this site would agree, once you get bitten by the bug, there is no end.

Believing that it can no longer be considered the original after modification does not preclude you from pursuing and enjoying the modified sound.

Guest Steven1963

Yes, I know I posted that I believe they wouldn't be Klipschorns anymore, and I do personally believe that, but just as anyone on this site would agree, once you get bitten by the bug, there is no end.

Believing that it can no longer be considered the original after modification does not preclude you from pursuing and enjoying the modified sound.

Exactly!  I know what stock Khorns sound like now. Nothing is lost if I look to what the possibilities are beyond that.