For Sale Rosewood Belle's

SonicSeeker

Those Belles are absolutely beautiful - if the wife objects, throw her out!  …….( or sell 'em to me…….the speakers, that is!)

Luckily I'll get to keep them both.  I have been adding to my Klipsch collection since I was 18.  (my first big boy check bought me my KG4.5s.  Shows what my priorities were at that age, speakers before girls.)  I already had the KLFs and the KGs when she came along, she knew what she was getting into... poor thing.

However the last year has been pretty bad, Cornwall's, KG 1.5 and KG 2.5 and now this...

Those Belles are absolutely beautiful - if the wife objects, throw her out!  …….( or sell 'em to me…….the speakers, that is!)

Luckily I'll get to keep them both.  I have been adding to my Klipsch collection since I was 18.  (my first big boy check bought me my KG4.5s.  Shows what my priorities were at that age, speakers before girls.)  I already had the KLFs and the KGs when she came along, she knew what she was getting into... poor thing.

However the last year has been pretty bad, Cornwall's, KG 1.5 and KG 2.5 and now this...

I'll be happy to help you and your loved one out..... just say the word.... and I'll send you deposit, but it won't be till the return of the Fall season, every Fall that is, when I return to the Rocky Mountain State to chase elk and muleys.

Joe made the journey from Utah today, picked up the speakers and is on his way home. He promised he would be listening to them by the days end. Can't wait to here from him once he uncrates these. I had to work  so I unfortunately was unable to meet with him in person but my wife said he and his familly were super nice people. Great that they went to a good home.

So I have had my way with these gals the last few days.  I am ready to give them a bit of a review…

Let me start off by saying that I am new to the Horn Loaded bass world.  It started back in August with the completion of my THT folded subwoofer.  The whole reason I built it is because I had never heard one.  I was very impressed and the research I did was absolutely true in the fact that the sound from a Horn Loaded Woofer is superior to that of a direct radiator.  This led me to believe that I needed to go with a fully horn loaded speaker.  Until this past weekend I had never heard a Belle, or a LaScala, or a Khorn.  All my Klipsch experience had been with the KG series, the KLFs and the Cornwall.

So I now have these Belles downstairs where the Cornwalls were sitting.  They are hooked to my Sunfire Amp, with the THT pulling in the sub 60 frequencies.  I listened to Michel Jackson’s Thriller on DSD and the bass is indescribable.  It is so tight and so in your stomach it feels like butterflies, like when I get nervous or anxious.  I have never heard anything like it.  It is like the bass is hard and hitting like a bat right to the gut.  I can completely understand the statement that these are a little anemic in the bass, they are… the deep bass anyway, but coupled to a THT sub allowing the Belle to do what it does best the mid bass, they are spectacular.

I have swapped in my ALK Cornscala-wall networks for a trial to see how they sound.  The stock AA do need some updating, but I may go the 2-way with a digital crossover route.  The ALK has brought them to a new level, Al provided some advice on the attenuation of the drivers, and so far he is right on with his settings.  (Love the accessibility of the Belle)

So in summary, these have fulfilled my needs and I am 100% happy with the bass and sub bass my system has.  I believe it to be jaw dropping.  If you have a LaScala or a Belle, get a THT to go with them it really is the missing link/octave.  I think it is an unfair expectation for these Heritage speakers to go that low and do it correctly.  Even the CWs benefited from the sub.  I have a few sounds/noises within the these Belles that I don’t hear in my CWs, I’ll have to spend some time with them and see if I can figure out what it is.  It might be a wire vibrating, or loose mounting screw, who knows, it is very subtle.  Fortunately I have 4 of everything now and can swap drivers around pretty easily until I can figure it out.  So far I am the only one to hear it.  I also noticed a bunch of casting and irregularities in the mouth of the horn from the manufacturing process.  It’s not even close to being round in there so I’ll rasp these out to be round as well, I know it made a difference on my CWs.  Anyway I am in audio bliss now and for the first time in 38 years completely happy with how my system reproduces the Kick drum, in fact the whole drum kit…

• Like 1