WTB: QUALITY 5-CHANNEL AMPLIFIER-----$400 OR LESS

edzu1234

Wanted To Buy:  A Quality 5-Channel Amplifier (please 5-channel only) with at least 100 Watts RMS Per Channel AT 8 ohms.

Maybe you can turn that old amplifier that you have just sitting around into cash??!!!

Please respond with brand, model#, specs, condition, time of use, and photos if possible.  Thank You.

Please send all your replies, with your 5-channel amplifiers for sale in the form of PERSONAL MESSAGES TO ME.

Thank you again.-------Ed

Edited by edzu1234

jjptkd----thanks for your input about the Carver units, but I have found them to be unstable and hard to repair.

Teaman----thanks for your input on Adcom units, but I am looking only for a 5-channel amp.

MKP----thanks for your input, your right on the money Adcom 7000 series is what I am looking for.....or Sherwood Newcastle, Parasound, B&K, Emotiva........well you get the idea.

jjptkd----thanks for your input about the Carver units, but I have found them to be unstable and hard to repair.

Teaman----thanks for your input on Adcom units, but I am looking only for a 5-channel amp.

MKP----thanks for your input, your right on the money Adcom 7000 series is what I am looking for.....or Sherwood Newcastle, Parasound, B&K, Emotiva........well you get the idea.

I would advise you against the Adcom GFA-7000 series. I owned a GFA-7400 and a good friend has the GFA-7400 to this day but it is all burned up. If you read the reviews, these are considered the worst amps Adcom ever made. If I were STUCK on Adcom, I would buy a GFA-5503 amp, and would later add a GFA-5500 amp as funds allow.

Roger

Thanks for the info Max2, the Outlaw unit certainly looks to be a tasty option but the $400 is money pooled from equipment that I sold on Craigslist and that is my budget for the amp. I would be teaming it with a B&K Reference 30 Processor and a NAD 2600A two channel amp to complete the 7.1 system

Thanks for the info, twistedcrankcammer sorry to hear about the failure rate of the 7000 series Adcoms. I guess I will look elsewhere.

Edited by edzu1234

CASE CLOSED------CASE CLOSED Thanks to all that gave me valuable input!

I went in a different direction and bought a NAD T773 Receiver and have decided to sell the B&K Reference 30 Processor that I was going to use the 5-channel amp in conjunction with.

I went in a different direction and bought a NAD T773 Receiver

Hey, I have one of those.  One heavy(54 LBS)powerful receiver I must say.  Very musical too.  

Great find. :emotion-21:

Open her up and look at the goodies inside.  Two toroidal transformers and a nice large heat sink in the center.

Actually I have been thinking about selling mine.  I am currently using it only in 2-channel but I have my Cambridge Audio 640A v2 sitting idle that I may just put back into action.

Don't forget to post some photos. ;)  :D

Bill

post-24680-0-62880000-1424201685_thumb.j

Edited by willland