Palladium crossover networks...

ninjai18

Okie dokie, so apparently Klipsch crossovers could not possibly sound any better. Truly amazing. I feel so silly for suggestioning they could possibly have done better on them.

SNB12387.JPG

Doesn't get any better than this, ladies and gents. ^

Some of you clearly need to hear upgraded crossovers in Klipsch speakers.

i just...

but, i...

*sigh* ... 

All silly replies with zero knowledge or insight added. Thanks. :)

You seem to lack basic reading comprehension. Earlier I posted precisely this...

two weeks ago he couldn't read capacitor values, schematics, or solder to save your (pcb's) life. Now he's the resident expert on crossover mods, the electrical properties of inductors, and has made it his personal mission to change Klipsch's business model? did i miss something?

I once saw a guy have this same kind of conversation in regards to his silver banana plugs and some $250 wires. The rest of his system cost $200, total. So many people "want" to hear a huge difference after a mod that I have a hard time chalking it up to anything but a placebo on many of them.

*frantically searching to make sure it's not me you're talking about*   :ph34r:

btw, this is a very relevant concern for me. Dean reworked my cornwall B2 networks about a year ago using the principle of battery biasing, basic parts-express caps, and the original 32yr old "everything else". They sound great and were indeed an improvement over the original aging networks.

i should be receiving my all-new B2's from Dean soon.. Jupiter flat stack capacitors, wax impregnated 2.5mH coils and  autotransformers (with a beefier chassis than stock), and everything else he does to make it a high quality build. he's worried it won't sound any better than what I've got in there already -- and I have to fight the impossible urge of allowing my financial bias and placebo to impact my listening impressions. I'm certain they won't sound bad, but will they sound miraculously better?

i don't know, but you certainly won't see them up for sale any time soon.  :P

And as I look through names in this thread, a many of them have in fact either heard upgraded crossovers or ponied up for them in their own speakers.

i just...

but, i...

*sigh* ... 

You seem to lack basic reading comprehension. Earlier I posted precisely this...

two weeks ago he couldn't read capacitor values, schematics, or solder to save your (pcb's) life. Now he's the resident expert on crossover mods, the electrical properties of inductors, and has made it his personal mission to change Klipsch's business model? did i miss something?

I once saw a guy have this same kind of conversation in regards to his silver banana plugs and some $250 wires. The rest of his system cost $200, total. So many people "want" to hear a huge difference after a mod that I have a hard time chalking it up to anything but a placebo on many of them.

btw, this is a very relevant concern for me. Dean reworked my cornwall B2 networks about a year ago using the principle of battery biasing, basic parts-express caps, and the original 32yr old "everything else". They sound great and were indeed an improvement over the original aging networks.

i should be receiving my all-new B2's from Dean soon.. Jupiter flat stack capacitors, wax impregnated 2.5mH coils and  autotransformers (with a beefier chassis than stock), and everything else he does to make it a high quality build. he's worried it won't sound any better than what I've got in there already -- and I have to fight the impossible urge of allowing my financial bias and placebo to impact my listening impressions. I'm certain they won't sound bad, but will they sound miraculously better?

And as I look through names in this thread, a many of them have in fact either heard upgraded crossovers or ponied up for them in their own speakers.

Right, which leads me to believe this is a "political" discussion, as oppose to one that's actually about the facts of crossovers. I think DeanG and Bob should just shut down. Have you yet informed them that their work is in vein?

Okie dokie, so apparently Klipsch crossovers could not possibly sound any better. Truly amazing. I feel so silly for suggestioning they could possibly have done better on them.

better is purely subjective. 

Not even close. So far off the mark.

i just...

but, i...

*sigh* ... 

Right, which leads me to believe this is a "political" discussion, as oppose to one that's actually about the facts of crossovers. I think DeanG and Bob should just shut down. Have you yet informed them that their work is in vein?

*vain.

..and if YOU READ WHAT I WROTE .. Dean is the person expressing concern about whether or not I'll hear a difference between his two builds.

This is all so funny, because I love (adore) Klipsch and I've been on these forums for 13 years. None of you actually know who I really am. :P But I'll stay, it's been fun. :)

Just a tip, calling someone a "troll" is pretty meaningless and passe. It's akin to Fox News labeling someone a "terrorist" or "freedom haters" that they don't like.

Edited by ninjai18

SNB12387.JPG

Doesn't get any better than this, ladies and gents. ^

ok let's play. What speaker is this out of?

Just a tip, calling someone a "troll" is pretty meaningless and passe. It's akin to Fox News labeling someone a "terrorist" or "freedom haters" that they don't like.

let me help you jai... it's a label. an all to appropriate one at that in this particular instance.