Palladium crossover networks...

ninjai18

At 10K apiece I would expect to see some special esoteric wire and Auricap Theta's or better in that network.  The Bennic's look like Solen's unless they are made with ultra-premium innards.  I suppose you are paying for the exquisite cabinetry and drivers.

At 10K apiece I would expect to see some special esoteric wire and Auricap Theta's or better in that network. The Bennic's look like Solen's unless they are made with ultra-premium innards. I suppose you are paying for the exquisite cabinetry and drivers.

you have to remember Klipsch is a company to make money. They aren't gonna spend 10,000$ building a speaker then sell it for 10,000. Of course we all would do it differently. But we aren't Klipsch

At 10K apiece I would expect to see some special esoteric wire and Auricap Theta's or better in that network. The Bennic's look like Solen's unless they are made with ultra-premium innards. I suppose you are paying for the exquisite cabinetry and drivers.

you have to remember Klipsch is a company to make money. They aren't gonna spend 10,000$ building a speaker then sell it for 10,000. Of course we all would do it differently. But we aren't Klipsch

here's an anecdote of early Klipsch describing precisely that..

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/150060-ut-3670-autotransformer/

I am curious about going active to properly time align my P39f's drivers, but I am highly satisfied with my used P39f's as is.  I can't say they are worth the retail price, but they very well could be to a rich person (of which I'm not).

I could certainly be wrong...  but I think they said at one of the gatherings (at HQ in Indy) that the woofers on the P39's were different in the crossover.

Meaning, they didn't have the same crossover point.  One was more of a woofer and the other was more of a mid-woofer.

So, if you went active, I'd guess you'd have to treat them as seperate drivers with seperate crossover points?

Certainly do-able but they sure sound fantastic as is.

• Like 1

I could certainly be wrong...  but I think they said at one of the gatherings (at HQ in Indy) that the woofers on the P39's were different in the crossover.   Meaning, they didn't have the same crossover point.  One was more of a woofer and the other was more of a mid-woofer.

You may be correct but the spec sheet does not indicate that.

Sure looks cool on the inside.

p_88bc3545cd.jpg

Bill

Edited by willland
  • Like 2

I am curious about going active to properly time align my P39f's drivers, but I am highly satisfied with my used P39f's as is.

I would practically never suggest someone go active crossover with the Palladium line because to even begin to get the real benefits of the active crossover method you would:

(1st)  have to bypass the thoroughly well designed passive crossovers.

(2nd) Klipsch would need to provide you with an already developed active program or otherwise you would need to have the ability to test the system's raw responses and then develop an optimized program yourself.

Very few people here would have the capability and facilities to do the active crossover properly IMO.  

miketn

Come to think of it, it would be really nice to see all of the internals - bracing, polyfill, woofers, midrange, and tweeter motor assemblies.

I'll bet they're just as sexy on the inside as they are on the outside :D

That's just something ugly people say...:P  :ph34r:

no speaker is worth 10k IMO

Palladiums are the only speakers I'd happily pay that much for if I could spare the money. :D

I could certainly be wrong...  but I think they said at one of the gatherings (at HQ in Indy) that the woofers on the P39's were different in the crossover.   Meaning, they didn't have the same crossover point.  One was more of a woofer and the other was more of a mid-woofer.

You may be correct but the spec sheet does not indicate that.

Sure looks cool on the inside.

p_88bc3545cd.jpg

Bill

WOW!! I am VERY impressed!! :) Would love to see more if anyone is so inclined.. :D

Edited by ninjai18

no speaker is worth 10k IMO

There are several speakers that make $10K look like bargain bin red light clearance prices. I'm talking well into the 6 digit sometimes 7 digit range for a pair.

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

At 10K apiece I would expect to see some special esoteric wire and Auricap Theta's or better in that network.  The Bennic's look like Solen's unless they are made with ultra-premium innards.  I suppose you are paying for the exquisite cabinetry and drivers.

I don't have much time to post lately, but I have owned other high end speakers and they used bennics and some electrolytes too.  There were $12000 to $20,000 speakers.  About 5 to 7 years ago it became fashionable to have more expensive caps in some high end speakers. 

The crossover guys do a great job with the Hertigage crossovers and the sound that they achieve, but they do not have the access to the engineers, equipment and budget that the manufacturers have.  The manufacturers are able to get the sound they want without designer parts. 

Klipsch put Monster cable on the outside of the K Horn in the 80's going from the bass bin to the x-over, but didn'tchange the internal wiring at all.