what's the ultimate sub build? :)

Paducah Home Theater

kpt-884 has same surround and its a pro style sub. Flat to 18hz in my room. It was a monster.

The enclosure is good to 27Hz (+ - 3dB) with that driver. You're experiencing room gain. A subwoofer driver with more x-max in that big of a box could go much lower. I won't argue the monster part!

just saying the pro style drivers can deliver serious bass. The ae 18's in question I've heard four in huge enclosures and they could easily smoke my subwoofer setup from 15hz up.

Also interesting is that Michael Bay, the king of explosions himself, apparently uses QSC pro subs in his home theater.  

These guys are wizard at sub design and DSP.  Seaton usually picks out good parts to match his subs.

Apparently it's because he's combining both passive radiators and ports. This is the inside of a Terraform XL. What in the sam hill is going on here, and how on earth do you even calculate such things...

Core-TFM-48in.jpg

PrimeCoat-TFM-48in.jpg

I got to experience 8 SI 18s in front and 2 SI HST 18s right behind the MLP for nearfield yesterday. That was pretty dang impressive. The gunshots in John Wick were very impactful. He had Danley SH 50s for LR and a Danley 69 for the center. His system was flat to 10Hz at reference no problem. 

The two SI 24s were just for testing purposes, but those things are powerhouses as well. There wasn't enough power coming into the house to power both the 24s and the 18s at once...but we did have plenty of amps to power both. 

Edit - added picture. 

post-52730-0-27880000-1448214477_thumb.j

Edited by homeskizzle
  • Like 1

I got to experience 8 SI 18s in front and 2 SI HST 18s right behind the MLP for nearfield yesterday. That was pretty dang impressive. The gunshots in John Wick were very impactful. He had Danley SH 50s for LR and a Danley 69 for the center. His system was flat to 10Hz at reference no problem. 

The two SI 24s were just for testing purposes, but those things are powerhouses as well. There wasn't enough power coming into the house to power both the 24s and the 18s at once...but we did have plenty of amps to power both. 

Edit - added picture. 

That sounds like a  good time.  Were you at Beast's GTG?  Something about 8 subs being the magic number.  The SI HT 18's are quiet impressive. You have the sealed Dayton 18 with a Marty, that should have some serious oomph.

Edited by derrickdj1
  • Like 1

... everybody always talks about busting drywall, but I've actually done it in a band practice. Six ported Yamaha 18's with 4,000 watts.
I did this to the last place I lived at with a single 12" driver loaded in a horn sub, on 20 watts. :rolleyes:

:ohmy:  :emotion-29:  :emotion-29:  :D  :emotion-29:  :emotion-29:  :emotion-55: 

Starting to be kind of curious as to why bands don't just haul around a single 12" horn with a 20 watt amp for their entire bottom end.  

Not talking pro sound here.

Run 20 watts through some La Scala's or bigger and you will go deaf.

Lots of horn loaded pro sound venues you could run off a medium sized generator rather than using mega amperage through the local power grid.

• Like 1

http://www.data-bass.com/data?page=content&id=82

Idiot proof sounds like a good thing. ;)

For sure if you're an idiot.

Tapped horns are very different from fully horn loaded models, you are comparing apples to onions once again.

Wrong drivers used in the Danley DTS-10 most likely altered figures as well, test was rigged in my opinion but not what we were talking about anyways.

Just wanted to point it out.

Edited by jason str
  • Like 2

Edit - added picture.

im interested in hearing more about this. I'm about to have eight up front and two behind nearfield. Wondering how the two 24's compared.