Gaseous subject

oscarsear

Atmospheric measures of carbon dioxide (CO2) show a steady increase at a now alarming rate.  CO2 atmospheric levels are at a mean high not seen in purportedly millions of years and in direct correlation with human activity.  Okay, so as the % or partial pressure of CO2 rises which atmospheric gase(s) does it displace?  

Guest Steven1963
CO2 atmospheric levels are at a mean high not seen in purportedly millions of years and in direct correlation with human activity

So it's been this high in the past.  Do scientists know who got the blame then?

• Like 1

CO2 atmospheric levels are at a mean high not seen in purportedly millions of years and in direct correlation with human activity

So it's been this high in the past.  Do scientists know who got the blame then?

Yes they do.

• Moderators

Does it really make any difference at all really, we probably won't be around to know what happens ?

I would think the odds of people directly ending civilization as we know it is much higher, or earthquakes, meteors, aliens, zombies................But I'd put my money on people doing themselves in, there's the real problem, greed, money and power.

Anyway how do they know what any levels were before people, so it's all just a big guess so lets just blame it on people, seems global warming is not living up to it's hype either, unless you just listen to a few scientist.  

Edited by dtel

Guest Steven1963

The millions of years of data NOT available?

Apparently they sample ice cores from the poles going down thousands of feet. Pop the little bubbles of air locked inside and test them for Co2. At least that's what I recall from a Discovery channel program.

My point being, is that this is not unprecedented. And that the Earth has had provable changes both physically and environmentally throughout the 4.5 billion years of its history.  Ruins of Man's temples litter the ocean floor. Species go extinct; new species emerge. Fossils of sea creatures on the slopes of Mt. Everest.

But apparently Man is responsible too much Co2 in the environment present day. 

I'm not trying to start an argument, just placing some thoughts in a thread, directed at nobody.

Edited by Steven1963

Just exactly who ruled the earth during those high co2 levels?  Not that I predict our extinction over it but there will be massive changes.  Thankfully, Miami will be among the first to suffer.  I hate that place.

Edited by oldtimer
  • Like 1

Funny, when I lived in Florida, (1990 1995), I use to see these bumper stickers that would make me crack up..... "Will The Last American Leaving Miami, Please Bring The Flag". Didn't really get it, until I drove there for a long weekend of diving. Being I was born and raised in a border town, Miami wasn't a culture shock for me.

Anyway, unless Latino bloodlines are your family genes, you won't likely have any relatives in Miami.