"Is Tom Brady a Cheater?" "I don't believe so..........."

Bonzo

He'll get his penalty reduced, he got his ring, the only ding to him is that outside of Patriotnation his name is quite tarnished and it doesn't appear that moves his "needle" very much.

And, look who he gets to come home to every night! All that and she makes a LOT more money than he does. Tom's got it rough.

A million for the Pats is chump change.

Like all pro teams, they want to be right on the fine edge of gamesmanship vs flagrant cheating. And when they can get away with the occasional cheat, Belichek and company have little problem with winking. This is the second time they have been caught out on the wrong side of the fine edge in the playoffs. This one is a very small cheat, and one they did not need to do to win, but they did it because their team culture is to grab whatever edge they can, so they did.It is a shame, because they had a superior team, and they did not need to act like cheating chumps.

Then they deny, then they cover up, and now they lawyer up.

Papa's got a brand new bag(of footballs)

• Like 2

• Moderators

The NFL is a PR nightmare, I just searched "Patriots Rice NFL" and all the *** sports outlets have an opinion about it. Here is one from Time. The NFL cannot get of its own way.

http://time.com/3854871/brady-deflategate/

I read in many places that while Brady can appeal under the players' agreement, Kraft is "stuck" with the decision. I wonder why they are saying that, he can always attack due process in court. Especially if he files it in Boston. I am an Al Davis fan, he kicked Pete's teeth in and wiped the smile right off his face.

This of course allowed Colts to pack up in the middle of the night and move to Indianapolis.

Edited by dwilawyer

• Moderators

So if this suspension sticks for Brady, will it have any impact on his being inducted in the Football Hall of Fame.

They talked of him for sure being inducted prior to this, I would suppose that is true.

Why is cheating more acceptable culture in baseball? Corked bats, spitters, scuffing the ball, emery boards, etc.

What is the suspension for a corked bat, an emery board?

Travis

• Moderators

No one who is an Al Davis Fan could be bad.

I was a big Raiders fan too, from '70, when we moved to the Bay Area, until '86 after I was done with school, I would go to several games a year, all playoff games, in both Oakland and LA.

My nieces made me switch to Broncos in order to keep the family peace. I have to root in secret for the Raiders these days.

• Moderators

Then we could move on to the penalty phase, life in prison or firing squad?

Remove his balls since this is all about them anyway. :blink:  :D

Poor Brady, he's has to sit out a few games, that's rough, I guess he will be stuck home with the old lady ?  :(

post-9700-0-66200000-1431570490_thumb.jp

Edited by dtel
  • Like 1

A one million dollar fine? Oh, Let me check my wallet. Chump change.

JJK

That's for the team, not Tom.

So what does a 5 game suspension, without pay, add up to for Brady. 2 or 3 million? Is the NFL still under a salary cap? Does that money reduce the cap?

I don't believe that reduces the cap but that's a great question.  I could certainly be wrong.

• Moderators

Near as I can tell, his base salary this year is 8m, 9the year after that, and 10 for the last year of this contract.

It is still a 16 games season is ut not?

8M divided by 16 is 500k per game, so 2M

He is allowed to play and practice presason. I guess he is also allowed to practice during regular season. They have a bye week in week forfour so they say he is out the first 5 weeks

I guess the people who are REALLY complaining are the fantasy football people. That has really changed whe way younger fans watch football. I have been to a game party at private home, typically a cowboys game, and the younger guys are typically applauding individual performance. They watch that banner underneath the game that shows fantasy stats from around the league with as much, if not more, interest than the actual game.

Travis

So if this suspension sticks for Brady, will it have any impact on his being inducted in the Football Hall of Fame.

They talked of him for sure being inducted prior to this, I would suppose that is true.

Why is cheating more acceptable culture in baseball? Corked bats, spitters, scuffing the ball, emery boards, etc.

What is the suspension for a corked bat, an emery board?

Travis

The penalty for a corked bat is the umpire removes the bat from the game.  The player is ejected and the league imposes a X number of games or X number of days penalty, sometimes as many as 10 games.

For emery board:

Rule 3.02

Rule 3.02

No player shall intentionally discolor or damage the ball by rubbing it with soil, rosin, paraffin, licorice, sand-paper, emery-paper or other foreign substance.

PENALTY: The umpire shall demand the ball and remove the offender from the game. In addition, the offender shall be suspended automatically for 10 games. For rules in regard to a pitcher defacing the ball, see Rules 8.02(a)(2) through (6).

Edited by wvu80