At what point do you give up?

Youthman

• Moderators

Well persistence might just pay off.  I decided to make give him one last call.  He and his wife are doing some remodeling and his wife began listing a few of his speakers to help offset the cost of the remodel.  He seemed like a nice gentleman and said he thinks he's just in shock about her listing them.  LOL.  He says they don't have much use on them.  He asked if he could give it some thought to make sure he wants to sell them and he will let me know. 

Again, if it works out, great.  If not, no biggie.  Will keep everyone posted. 

What the heck????  That's just pure craziness!  

Good luck, Youthman!  

Well persistence might just pay off.  I decided to make give him one last call.  He and his wife are doing some remodeling and his wife began listing a few of his speakers to help offset the cost of the remodel.  He seemed like a nice gentleman and said he thinks he's just in shock about her listing them.  LOL.  He says they don't have much use on them.  He asked if he could give it some thought to make sure he wants to sell them and he will let me know. 

Again, if it works out, great.  If not, no biggie.  Will keep everyone posted. 

See how you are?   You guys make me so proud sometimes! 

• Like 1

Isn't it "funny", though, when your desire is to pass along a good deal to a purchaser, how often you come across a good deal, too?  Happened just 2 days ago to me.  I wasn't really looking to do anything, but another Forum member was kind enough to alert me to an excellent opportunity just a few miles down the road from me.  Made contact w/ the CL seller, went out there and concluded a superb deal.  Really nice guy.  He was happy to be spreading the enjoyment of Klipsch speakers AND a wonderful price at the same time.  Before I left, he asked if I had an interest in a small sub (which now is perfect in my home office) and wouldn't take a penny for it.

I hope the buyers of the many speakers and several receivers I have sold feel that I have given them really good deals, too!

• 2 months later...
  • Moderators

Well, my persistence paid off.  :D  Told you Youthman is SUPER patient when it comes to things like this.

Last week, the seller reposted the ad and had increased his asking price. I figured since he was ready to sell so I made an offer on the RSW-15 that was slightly higher than his original asking price but much less than his increased price and he accepted it.  I picked it up last week.  He had a pair of RF-7's and an RC-7 for sale but it was well above what I was willing to spend.

For fun, yesterday I decided to text him and I told him if he was unable to sell the RF-7 and RC-7, I would be willing to offer an amount that was ridiculously lower than his asking price.  To my surprise, he accepted that too!  :D 

These literally have been sitting for quite sometime in his garage just taking up space.  He and his wife were super nice, seemed to be very well off as well with a beautiful home on a lake.

So all in all, I ended up buying a pair of Cherry RF-7's, RC-7 and an RSW-15. 

The RC-7 has some pretty significant creases in the woofers but the cabinet looks great.  The RF-7's look great except for some paint that got on the side of one and the back of both.  It's a descent amount but as you can see from the photos, you can't see the paint when they are toed in.

He said there is about 3hrs of use on the RSW-15.  Sad they never used it.  :wacko:

The reason they were selling it is the wife said they had 3 focal points in the living room (Large TV with Klipsch setup on one wall, fireplace on another and a double sliding glass door that overlooked their beautiful backyard and the lake.

The plan is to sell the RF-7's and RC-7 and keep the RSW-15 for the HT. :emotion-21:  I may not need dual 18" IB subs after all.  :lol:

Klipsch-RF-7-Cherry-RSW-15-1.jpg

Klipsch-RF-7-Cherry-RSW-15-2.jpg

Klipsch-RF-7-Cherry-RSW-15-3.jpg

Klipsch-RF-7-Cherry-RSW-15-4.jpg

Klipsch-RF-7-Cherry-RSW-15-5.jpg

Klipsch-RF-7-Cherry-RSW-15-6.jpg

Klipsch-RF-7-Cherry-RSW-15-7.jpg

Klipsch-RF-7-Cherry-RSW-15-8.jpg

• Like 3

• Moderators
I'd have to clear out some of my current stock before the better half would allow another sound producing item to cross the threashold... :ph34r:

I know what you mean.  I was VERY hesitant even asking the wife, especially since we will be needing to buy a vehicle for her since my son will be buying her 2003 Camry.  We aren't willing to finance so whatever cash we have available will determine what vehicle we will buy for her.  If you end up thinning your gear, feel free to send me a PM and we can talk.

So, how many sets of RF-7 variations have passed through your house now? I think I have seen at least every veneer type represented, :P

My first pair was Maple RF-7.  They had some cosmetic issues.  I sold them and bought a near mint Black pair for my son's bedroom.  Later I had the chance to buy a beautiful mint set with original boxes.  Sold them shortly after buying the RF-7ii's. 

I definitely didn't need another pair of RF-7's but this hobby wouldn't be much fun if we didn't buy things that we didn't need.  :lol:

• Like 1

I have a few people coming over tonight for the game....they've been eyeing my stuff for a while now...maybe get a few drinks in them and start the thinning process... :D

In all seriousness....I appreciate the offer....I'll see what I can do....helps that you're pretty close by too.... :emotion-21:

• Moderators
I have a few people coming over tonight for the game....they've been eyeing my stuff for a while now...maybe get a few drinks in them and start the thinning process... :D

That's too funny.  :lol:

Even if you end up not being interested, if you are ever near Plant City, hit me up.  Would be glad to have you over for a demo.

From a book by my college suite-mate, who died tragically of an embolism on a flight from SFO to NYC to promote a new release of another book at the age of 45:

"Ask yourself this question: 'Will this matter a year from now?'"

--Richard Carlson, American psychotherapist and author of Don't Sweat the Small Stuff

I know this is an older post, but I just picked up Don't Sweat the Small Stuff... and it's all Small Stuff, this summer.  Great perspective, I didn't realize he had died - WAY too young!  Thanks for sharing, that's really cool that you knew him.  I'm sure he's inspired and helped a lot of people.  What a gift.

• Like 1

• Moderators

From a book by my college suite-mate, who died tragically of an embolism on a flight from SFO to NYC to promote a new release of another book at the age of 45:

"Ask yourself this question: 'Will this matter a year from now?'"

--Richard Carlson, American psychotherapist and author of Don't Sweat the Small Stuff

I know this is an older post, but I just picked up Don't Sweat the Small Stuff... and it's all Small Stuff, this summer. Great perspective, I didn't realize he had died - WAY too young! Thanks for sharing, that's really cool that you knew him. I'm sure he's inspired and helped a lot of people. What a gift.

He was a really great guy, we had a lot of laughs.

His father was a very successful real estate/businessman but I never thought his heart was going into the family business. The interesting thing is he wrote a few nooks prior to his best seller that didn't sell well at all.

He never gave up.

• Like 1