Isle of man - Superbike - Sun 7 Jun 9:00 EST

mustang guy

For those of you who are interested, it's the first of June, and time for Isle of Man racing. They have a site and do great videos. http://www.iomtt.com/ You can sign up for live, and if you like getting the adrenaline pumping early in the morning (or very late at night) you can watch it then. Most of us United Stater's end up watching delayed racing.   :)

Update... Race cancelled for today. Projected race time for the Superbikes is tomorrow (Sunday June 7, at 9 AM EST. (2pm their time)

Edited by mustang guy
  • Like 2

My favorite race of the year by far... followed closely by the North West 200 in Ireland.

Guy Martin Follows Michael Dunlop for an entire lap @ Isle of Manns TT

And unlike the Isle of Manns TT, which is a timed trial... the North West 200 is a head to head race with everyone racing head to head at the same time.

• Like 1

The IOM races have claimed their first victim. 

"ACU Events Ltd regrets to announce that French rider Franck Petricola, 32, from Pont a Mousson was killed following an accident at Sulby Crossroads at approximately 7.45pm during this evening’s qualifying session at the Isle of Man TT races."

I left a condolence remark. So sad for his family, but I would rather go out like this than wither away in a hospital. It sort of strikes as being somewhat like a Viking dying in battle. His name will be remembered...

• Like 1

My favorite race of the year by far... followed closely by the North West 200 in Ireland.

Guy Martin Follows Michael Dunlop for an entire lap @ Isle of Manns TT

And unlike the Isle of Manns TT, which is a timed trial... the North West 200 is a head to head race with everyone racing head to head at the same time.

190 MPH in the rain on a street. Holy crap!

The IOM races have claimed their first victim. 

"ACU Events Ltd regrets to announce that French rider Franck Petricola, 32, from Pont a Mousson was killed following an accident at Sulby Crossroads at approximately 7.45pm during this evening’s qualifying session at the Isle of Man TT races."

I left a condolence remark. So sad for his family, but I would rather go out like this than wither away in a hospital. It sort of strikes as being somewhat like a Viking dying in battle. His name will be remembered...

RIP Racer

• Like 1

Valentino Rossi was dominating MotoGP in 2002-03 and was riding a Honda. The trouble was, Honda was a superior bike then, and the Honda's were dominating. He wanted to prove to himself and to the world that it wasn't just the bike that was winning the races. To truly be a champion, he had to win on something else. Well he did just that. He hopped on a Yamaha which wasn't winning in 2003, and like he did when riding his Honda he won races, and demonstrated to the world that HE was the best...

In 2014, Michael Dunlop dominated Isle of Man on a BMW S1000RR. Why then would he make the decision to switch to Yamaha? He joined the 131MPH club for goodness sake! Well I reckon it might have been for the same reasons, or maybe it was money. In any event, he has made the decision to stick with BMW this year because he just can't get the Yamaha tweaked enough to win. Michael will be riding the BMW once again.

Here's to BMW dominating Isle of Man again this year!  :emotion-22:

PS: I ride a BMW R1200GS LC like this

Edited by mustang guy
  • Like 2

Yea he's definitely a marketing machine, he and Ducati made a lot of money from their connection. I thought it is interesting how well Stoner did on the Duc, and Rossi couldn't do anything, different bike I know. I would say he's is the GOAT though. The way he recently changed his riding style to compete with Marquez and Lorenzo, pretty amazing, especially while in his late 40s. My favorite race of the year is when MotoGP comes to Indy, the performance of those machines is spectacular. 

I have a Rossi signed helmet in my closet. The first year here he was signing my friend's ticket stub. I carried my helmet around because I didn't want to leave it on my bike, (with 100k other bikes around!) and he looked at me and asked…."you lika signatir"? I said sure!!

• Like 2

Have you ever sat on a Ducati? They are small bikes. I don't know if that had anything to do with it, but I know I couldn't ride as fast on a bike that is too small for me. It would be more like a pit-bike race.

That's funny about the "signatir". Did you say, "hecka yesa!"? LOL

• Like 1

For those of you who are into bikes, I tore up my yard with this thing the other night.  Brand new top of the line Sherco that a friend bought to use as a demo for a specialty bike shop.  The engine is insane, just super fast to rev up and back down, you can make it burp and bring it back to idle in virtually no time.  I've ridden a Yamaha YZF450 and this thing is more fun for woods riding.  

11390379_1599131917030020_86641953869802

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters
  • Like 1

Have you ever sat on a Ducati? They are small bikes. I don't know if that had anything to do with it, but I know I couldn't ride as fast on a bike that is too small for me. It would be more like a pit-bike race.

That's funny about the "signatir". Did you say, "hecka yesa!"? LOL

Shoot, I know their built for Italian sized riders, but how tall are yea?.....

I'm kinda of a big moose at 6'-1", and I can easily ride the ST's , and Multistrada's all day long. The strada's are tall, and you need some legs for them. Rode my ST4s on countless 500 mi. road trips, no problemo. And even once swapped my ST for a buddies crotch rocket 1099 on a trip back form beaver lake AR, to Tulsa. It wasn't that bad, but it wasn't as enjoyable as with the ST. I just laid down on the tank and let her rip... freaking thumper was a torque monster.

• Like 1