RF-7 II Tips

Zero

Hey everybody,

Before I say aloha to my RF-7 II's, I decided to throw together a quick video that's geared towards helping people get better sound out of these fantastic loudspeakers.  I know that many of you are already hip to the little things you can do to improve the performance of your Klipsch speakers, but still, I hope that this video will offer something useful.  

Edited by Zero
  • Like 2

Hey MKP,

You should totally get a pair.  Either that, or go straight for the Heritage line.  C'mon.  You can do it!  :D 

Oh, and truth be told, I've always had other speakers in this house.  A couple years ago, I ran a set of Wilson Audio towers.  Now I'm enjoying some towers from an obscure Italian company called Rosso Fiorentino.  Still, the RF-7 II's (and Klipsch in general) holds a special place in my heart. : )  

• Like 1

Don't worry, this isn't a solicitation - after this set gets finished, I'm done with the RF-7ii. Everyone else - get busy.

I cannot wait to install these beauties in my rf7 11s. Correction- I'm. Looking forward listening to them after I install these networks! I wasn't going to talk about them cause I was pretty sure (confirmed here) that dean wouldn't want to build another set!!

If these perform even remotely close compared to my other experiences with Deans networks I will be as happy as one can be!

Awesome work by Dean and his son!

Josh

Those are Mundorf silver/gold/oil capacitors.They are 1000Vdc, and the picture doesn't do a good job with scale - they are massive. Those three caps are close to $450.00. Yes, diminishing returns, but these things sound great, and the speakers will be able to go to blistering levels with no listening fatigue or pain whatsoever. Low level listening will be bliss. I know what some of you are thinking, and all I will say is that it's always "bullshit" until the music starts.

This is the third time Josh has come to me, and I really enjoy making him happy.

Thanks for the kind words Josh, but you left out the part about having to wait 14 months for these. :)

• Like 1

I expect them to sound better than virtually any other rf 7s. I know they are going to sound fantastic. Are they going to better than the belles ? Don't know. Both are fantastic sounding speakers and I'm sure I will be happy with the rf7s knowing what the Magic a dean built network can bring

• Like 1

ok you can stuff it now, I did ask nicely. You are entitled to your opinions and thoughts on anything you like but the back handed insults can be left out. Because I don't agree with you does not make me an idiot does not make me stupid does not make me a snake oil salesman dose not mean I don't contribute to society and because you cannot measure something does not mean it does not exist it usually means that people don't know what to measure so pi$$ off. That is the polite offering.

Placebo?

No.

Going from a painful (literally) listening experience to a smooth enjoyable listening experience at the same SPL is not placebo.  Believe what you want.

Please list ALL your gear so I can let you know what I think you should have done with the money you spent on it.

But as I stated the extra money could probably feed some homeless person or pay some elderly ladies oil bill for the winter. I guess snake oil caps are more important than human life in todays society.

Ditto moray - line crossed right there.  I have no clue what these things do or don't do, what difference they do or don't make and I personally don't care - but we're on a speaker site.  IF we were going to get into the morality of money and what we each do with it, we could ALL sell our gear, the screens we're looking at to type these messages back and forth, etc. and help the poor.  We ALL have way more than we NEED (food, clothing, shelter) but to call someone out with a "snake oil caps are more important than human life" quip is disingenuous and a backhanded way to continue to call someone out for buying something you see no value in.

Disagree, but agree to do it, do it respectfully and please don't make absurd comments.  No one here follows the pretense that life is less valuable than a cap, woofer, whatever.

I see it coming but before locking or deleting this thread, please consider the time the OP put into his video. If push comes to shove, I hope only the :pwk_bs: comments are deleted.....So much more I'd like to post but I'm out.