Which trade off would you make?

Coytee

Setup:  Wife doesn't like any of these 'Teenager speakers'. 

Would you put:

Jubilee's in front corners, JubeScala center, 2 LaScalas in rear (and no sub)

or, would you:

Jubilee's in front corners, Danley DTS-10 (single) in front/center and just go 2-way with a sub?

We're not movie-holics although when I watch a movie, I do enjoy the OOMPH that a sub might bring.

Then again, I've been perfectly content with the 2-way Jubilee's and no center, idle rears.

If I bring the Danley into the center position, that leaves no room for the center JubeScala so the Jube's would be doing phantom center (if I go further into HT)

She doesn't like the idea of putting a Danley behind the Jubilee's so that idea is currently out the door. (still working on it)

The idea of putting a Danley in the front/center of the room, setting the TV on top of it, is the closest she's come to saying "ok, give it a whirl"

It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.  Put them where you want them and develop a "back" problem from moving those heavy speakers.

LOL!  Your thinking outside the box might get Mr. Coytee sleeping inside the garage!  :rolleyes:

Mr. Coytee:  You have enough speakers.  Ditch the sub and thank your lucky stars the wife lets you keep the other oversize toys.  B)

Edited by wvu80

I think that you really need to take the time and try out your options and see which suites you best.

Yeah, can't say I disagree.  Looking for thoughts and trying to stimulate some conversation.

It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.  Put them where you want them and develop a "back" problem from moving those heavy speakers.

You don't know my wife.  She knows how to pull start the Stihl.  Knows how to operate my backhoe.  She'd be able to "part" them out if she really wanted to!

'Teenager speakers'?

Well now lets just Nip that problem in the Bud, iv got this "Spare" pair of McMs that just went up for sale today!

I like nipping in the bud and everyone should have a spare set of MCM's!!!

Which out of all those speakers are the "teenager speakers?"

Anything larger than a bose cube "after all, they all sound alike" (pretty much a direct quote of hers)

I do enjoy the OOMPH that a sub might bring.

I must say I do enjoy the OOMPH that a wife might bring, as well...... 

How's about the OOMPH from a beating by the wife?  :blink:

have you been drinking again?

Nope.  Tried that once in high school....didn't like it.  Bone dry ever since.

I like the "coolness" factor, of having Jubilee, Jubescala, and LaScala , all together... That's gotta make you smile, every time you walk into the living room. 

I admit.....it does however, the JubeScala isn't setup yet.  I've got the 510/TAD sitting on a shelf, empty speaker box in garage along with about five K33's.  

Keep the Jubilees, JubScala and the LaScalas and find a way to hide or camouflage the Danley... That's the only logical thing to do.

did you use camouflage and Danley in the same sentence?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

inhale.....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

inhale....

(repeat)

:D

I am however, very open to painting them the color of the walls to help them blend in a bit.  I also told her we could take some of the trim around the floor (1x8 with come other decorative pieces attached) and put that trim around the Danley to make it appear as though it blends in a bit more with the wall.

I think I detected a roll of her eyes with me thinking that might help hid them a bit.

:rolleyes:

• Like 2

• Moderators
Jubilee's in front corners, JubeScala center, 2 LaScalas in rear (and no sub) or, would you: Jubilee's in front corners, Danley DTS-10 (single) in front/center and just go 2-way with a sub?

YES :o

But really the DTS 10 wouldn't fit behind the center or one side or the other ? What if you wrapped them in fabric with a flower print, I remember something about her liking flower prints.............anything to get the sub in there. Another DTS10 used as stands under each Jube :o

If the room is not terribly wide I would go with no center, everything from L&R Jubes would sound good.