I'm taking a stand, and not letting this go

jimjimbo

I would ask the member involved to please change his own signature quote. Mods have other things to do.

BEST ANSWER!  I used that term for myself long before this signature showed up. 

I think, and hope, that the majority here believe we moderators have gradually learned to moderate to the wishes and interests of the majority of members.  Klipsch Forums has become, and hopefully will remain, the most civil place on the web were people regularly meet and debate questions from positions impossibly separated and from passionately held positions and do so in peace and with respect.

As for me, I do not find the sig to be insulting given I can easily relate to it.  Most "audiophiles" of the rest of the world find my position that auditioning other speakers as a Klipshorn owner is a waste of time for me.  Both science and my own ears tell me I was done with speakers when I acquired them and simply roll my eyes when I see yet another "major breakthrough." 

That makes me an audiophool and proud of it. 

As long as the owner of that sig posts within the TOS guidelines and respects other POV he's as welcome here as anyone.  JMHO.

Dave

• Moderators

Sorry, new here, so maybe my opinion doesn't count for much. And that's fine. But isn't pointing out the offensive signature playing right into the hands of the culprit? It is his/her stated intent, and now by making a whole thread about it, did he/she not attain the goal? Is posting about this not the actions of an unwitting accomplice?

I myself do not put much credence into the disruptive activities of others. If one chooses to be an ***, let him be an *** unto himself.

Respectfully

Actually, I think per the Terms of Use your vote counts double.

Silent public rejection sends a strong and lasting bitter taste in one's mouth.
So that's why nobody responds to my posts!

I did not find the statement offensive at all; but, i did wonder why a person would intentionally want to offend someone.  But, you're right Derrick...silence can be just as impactful. The Amish shun people...and they have a mafia (i saw it on television).  Signing off now because i have no idea where i'm going with this line of thinking.

• Like 1

That's actually pretty funny.

and very hurtful.  I should probably leave work early and go home and sulk. EDIT:  did i say leave work?  no, i'm not posting from work. a klipsch forum member would never do such a thing.

Edited by BigStewMan
  • Like 4

Well since my vote would only count for 3/5 and I am a female, I suppose I should just sit down and be quiet.

Not unless you are a slave and living under the 3/5th provision of the constitution in 1787.

Alas, even if you were a person of color and free you would not qualify for the 3/5th clause because free blacks received one vote along with free whites.  The 3/5ths provision was proposed by the democrats and didn't give people in slave states less power, it actually gave them more.

I don't know about being a female, but in my house, we have a system; my wife and I both get one vote in each matter, and if I want peace in the family,  my vote doesn't count.  

I don't want fairness, just quiet.  B)

+++

Where is Ibeza Flame, our PhD History student when we need him, to explain all this to us?  :lol: 

How did I do, Michael?

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 2

In the giant scheme of things, with all of the horrible events going on domestically and internationally, this is just a very miniscule blip on the radar.  I get that.

I am a member of this forum, and this community, and have been for a number of years.  Not nearly as long as some others of course.  This place, and the people in it, are important to me, and I have made many friends here, and participated in many superb events through this community.  And I certainly hope to continue this long into the future.

However, I can not, and will not, tolerate the decidedly blatant offensive and rude statement that is a signature of one specific members every post.  "Klipsch Forums, Full of Audiophools".   This member has stated that it is intended to be offensive and incendiary, so it is "doing it's job" according to his post.

It's an embarrassment, plain and simple.  

I respectfully ask that this signature be removed.

I support this statement.  Got your back jimjimbo.

• Like 2

What's funny is the signature has been changed,and posts are still going on.

The original signature doesn't bother me either,as I personally took it as a joke by him including himself.But then again, I also got a few things wrong when looking at OMG, WTF, and a few other emogee type things thinking they meant something else.

But I also see where it has been changed to include the OP now, which to me is still a little funny. I've had more than a few people on here reply to me in a not so nice manner and take it with a grain of salt. There are clicks on here that stick together,and there are people on here that will get under each others skin on purpose. Again, I take it with a grain of salt and will still communicate with the same people who I did not/nor did they agree with me.

This forum to me is a little old high school days, mixed with some learning, and some griping. It is what it is. Some stuff gives me a laugh, and some gives me an education.

I think one of the first posts I made when looking at tube stuff and how a bunch of people look at them differently was to compare the "tube" people to an old Far Side Cartoon where their was a bunch of buck toothed animals wearing leather jackets while smoking cigarettes and having greased back hair pointing and making fun of the tube group who were dressed in suits and had their hair all combed nice.

Regarding that change I don't think another member's name should be invoked in a third party's signature.  That is flame baiting and is unacceptable.

Any member can call himself whatever he wants, and refer to his own foolishness or stupidity, that will never bother me.  When the signature posts refer to the Klipsch community as a whole or calls another individual by name, that should be out of bounds.  There is NOBODY else on this forum who does that.  Nobody.

Flame baiting should not be tolerated in any way on this forum.

That would be strike 3 in my book. 

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 2

Everyone can infer who it is geared towards, but it could also be me, if my thinking were that way.

I agree who it is geared towards,and it is baiting at that point, but at the same time pulling ones comments is like hiding in my opinion. Once it's said it's said whether or not it's pulled. I'm not attacking your pulling your comments as you can do what you want, but if you are backing the OP, why not keep the comments to show the solidarity? That's just my take on it, and I am by no means the most PC person as it is (one of my big downsides as some think), but if I am in agreement with someone's post and how they feel about something, I go 100% with them.

My initial thought was let the signature stay, but seeing it was changed to antagonize the OP,I  think it should be changed. I've also not had an issue with that person, but at the same time would agree with the OP that the new signature should be changed.

I agree who it is geared towards,and it is baiting at that point, but at the same time pulling ones comments is like hiding in my opinion. Once it's said it's said whether or not it's pulled. I'm not attacking your pulling your comments as you can do what you want, but if you are backing the OP, why not keep the comments to show the solidarity?

Your point is well taken, Jim, I respect that viewpoint and you stated it very well.

My purpose is to DE-escalate and once a problem has been resolved I don't feel a need to keep calling attention to the poster.  If the person has policed himself and is fitting into ordinary posting guidelines, I am all about giving second chances.

I was ambivalent at first, but I have to say Jim that upon further reflection of your point, I think you've convinced me.

Regarding that change I don't think another member's name should be invoked in a third party's signature.  That is flame baiting and is unacceptable.

Any member can call himself whatever he wants, and refer to his own foolishness or stupidity, that will never bother me.  When the signature posts refer to the Klipsch community as a whole or calls another individual by name, that should be out of bounds.  There is NOBODY else on this forum who does that.  Nobody.

Flame baiting should not be tolerated in any way on this forum.

That would be strike 3 in my book. 

Dave,

I would just add, his name alone should be an indicator of how he is. I agree 100% with you statement also.

Guest thesloth

It wasn't meant to harm or "bait" anyone. I wish some people would be better sports about things. With that said people have said some pretty rude things to me on here and I don't get bent out of shape about it. I get it, it's like a little clique here with some of you  all have each others backs, in a way that's nice but to the outsiders it's not. Luckily I don't get butt hurt about stupid stuff, we are supposed to be men here, throw punches and then drink beers after right?  :)

Maybe if anything we can take away something positive from this experience. Maybe think of it as a social experiment to see how many different people can interpret some words in a signature. I am glad that some of you understood I was including myself in the comment, I mean I am a Klipsch forum member after all.

My response about how it was supposed to get people mad was just me telling some of you what you want to hear. I know you want to hate me, I know no matter what I do or say or how much I contribute or whatever you still won't like me. I get it, we are human and will never all get along perfectly, it's how it is the world keeps turning.

I don't have to defend myself, the people that actually take the time to get to know me on here know I don't mean any harm. I only want peace and love.

Edited by thesloth

Guest thesloth
I would just add, his name alone should be an indicator of how he is

It's a song, from a band.    

Something about judging books from covers.....................................

I treat people how they treat me.