I'm taking a stand, and not letting this go

jimjimbo

• Moderators

Well since my vote would only count for 3/5 and I am a female, I suppose I should just sit down and be quiet.

Not unless you are a slave and living under the 3/5th provision of the constitution in 1787.

Alas, even if you were a person of color and free you would not qualify for the 3/5th clause because free blacks received one vote along with free whites. The 3/5ths provision was proposed by the democrats and didn't give people in slave states less power, it actually gave them more.

I don't know about being a female, but in my house, we have a system; my wife and I both get one vote in each matter, and if I want peace in the family, my vote doesn't count.

I don't want fairness, just quiet. B)

+++

Where is Ibeza Flame, our PhD History student when we need him, to explain all this to us? :lol:

How did I do, Michael?

You get a 98. Art. 1, Sec 2, which contains the 3/5 language was a compromise between northern and southern states, It didn't really have anything to do with a political party, the Democratic party of today didn't really exist then.

It didn't have anythin to do with voting, it had to do with counting. The more people in a state, the more representatives you got, and the more power a state had. The South wanted slaves counted as 1, the North zero, the compromise was 3/5. The Constitution doesn't contain the word "slave" or "slavery." In that clause they used the term "other people."

I would have to check again on the viting requirements ar the time of the enactment, but I don't believe many blacks were eligible to vote. Women couldn't vote, white or black. Most states had a propery requirement to bote, unless you owned land, you were ineligible to vote.

Here is the text of the Enumeration Clause

Representatives and direct Taxes shall be apportioned among the several States which may be included within this Union, according to their respective Numbers, which shall be determined by adding to the whole Number of free Persons, including those bound to Service for a Term of Years, and excluding Indians not taxed, three fifths of all other Persons. The actual Enumeration shall be made within three Years after the first Meeting . . . .

Edited by dwilawyer
  • Like 1

I would just add, his name alone should be an indicator of how he is. I agree 100% with you statement also.

Personal, not a moderator, call here.  I think if you are going to judge people by their Forum names you are going to make a LOT of bad calls.

We're close to a resolution here.  It's my hope all involved will simply back off and give it a rest. 

By my standards, thesloth is still a newbie.  Takes a while to get used to this place and us crusty old farts. 

Dave

I would just add, his name alone should be an indicator of how he is

It's a song, from a band.    

Something about judging books from covers.....................................

I treat people how they treat me.

sloths are actually quiet peaceful animals in the wild.

As I also stated earlier, my interactions with you have been good overall. I've had no issues with you. BUT what does look like baiting on the 2ND SIGNATURE, should not be tolerated. Send a PM if there is an issue. I've also had someone on here try to belittle me and "warn" others not to "deal" with me. And I sent a PM at first, then after that spewed my un-pc'd mouth. I said my piece and moved on.

I have also been in your shoes a few times with people attacking me, but also take it as it comes, and do agree there are cliques on here. But those same cliques will and do help you out when there is a question for help on something.

I am my own island,and use this forum for what it is, a learning platform, and from time to time a laugh or two.

I have also been in your shoes a few times with people attacking me, but also take it as it comes, and do agree there are cliques on here. But those same cliques will and do help you out when there is a question for help on something.

Good post, and true.  Many of us went through this as newbies.  Some drop out, many survive.  I am sure it's no different on any Forum but I believe there's a lot more bandwidth and support here.

Keep showing it...

Dave

I would just add, his name alone should be an indicator of how he is. I agree 100% with you statement also.

Personal, not a moderator, call here.  I think if you are going to judge people by their Forum names you are going to make a LOT of bad calls.

We're close to a resolution here.  It's my hope all involved will simply back off and give it a rest. 

By my standards, thesloth is still a newbie.  Takes a while to get used to this place and us crusty old farts. 

Dave

Dave, look at my response below, this is actually in what he is stating on how people are taking things.

I would just add, his name alone should be an indicator of how he is

It's a song, from a band.    

Something about judging books from covers.....................................

I treat people how they treat me.

What speakers do you own Sloth?   Its time for an Avatar too, just so we can hassle you a bit  :ph34r:

Guest thesloth
What speakers do you own Sloth?

I don't have much space so I have to keep things small. I am moving soon and will have more room for bigger speakers so I will be in the market for Belles or La Scala's.

So currently in one room I have Heresy II's and in a smaller den I have RB-81 II's.

I can't make my mind up on avatars. I think when I finish my next amplifier build I will just take a picture and use that.

Dave no worries about my username, I know it is kind of a weird name.

Edited by thesloth

You get a 98. Art. 1, Sec 2, which contains the 3/5 language was a compromise between northern and southern states, It didn't really have anything to do with a political party, the Democratic party of today didn't really exist then. (respectful snip, just referencing the post)

I'm not qualified to be your prof, but I give you a 100!  :D

What speakers do you own Sloth?

I don't have much space so I have to keep things small. I am moving soon and will have more room for bigger speakers so I will be in the market for Belles or La Scala's.

So currently in one room I have Heresy II's and in a smaller den I have RB-81 II's.

I can't make my mind up on avatars. I think when I finish my next amplifier build I will just take a picture and use that.

Plenty of amp Avatars out there, but none like this.  You are the Sloth, right?  Well there you go and I bet people will warm right up to you. Nothing is more appealing to me than an argumentative woman that knows more about audio hardware than his/her opponent.  Tell me Im wrong guys

066143f19d73bf346e54b9651519d230.jpg

Edited by Max2