Is this a 1st?

ZEUS121996

• Moderators

Dude, you should kick back with a glass of wine or something. If somehow the constitution, and me not wanting to abide by it came out in my recent posts....nevermind. I just figured it out, you have already been drinking....

If in fact you are a DWI lawyer in real life that explains a lot of why you jump through hoops to defend these...(not groups)

At least I think I got you to understand it really PC that governs this forum, it is corporate "corectness" that counts in a global economy, and Klipsch doesn't need any comments in a public forum that could be construed as being derogatory against any individual or group based on race, religion or gender.

Keep trying, you will get there.

Funny how we are having the same adult conversation on the Emotiva forum right now and a moderator is one of the participants. Nobody has cried and took their ball home over there yet...you know, you can actually have a discussion or debate about topics without getting offended when splitting hairs you know

• Moderators

Not sure why PC is such a huge hurdle jo. If someone is in the country illegally I would say illegal resident is appropriate terms. I am a legal resident but not a citizen and I have a green card and work permit. Not sure how that got to be insulting to people. PC is usually a misrepresentation or misuse of verbage that some get offended by. I think if you are an adult and can figure that out, there is no reason to be offended.

I got teased and ribbed all the time at previous jobs because I am Canadian working in the US. People would say smart a** things to me like "maybe that is how you do it in Canada, but we don't do it that way here....hahaha. I never understood how these remarks were supposed to hurt my feelings or something. I had several black friends that called me cracker playfully. Was I supposed to be offended? For God's sake it is words. Do they really hurt people?...

Well I just have to quote this so it never goes away.

Do words really hurt people?

Hmmmmm?

Dude, you should kick back with a glass of wine or something. If somehow the constitution, and me not wanting to abide by it came out in my recent posts....nevermind. I just figured it out, you have already been drinking....

If in fact you are a DWI lawyer in real life that explains a lot of why you jump through hoops to defend these...(not groups)

At least I think I got you to understand it really PC that governs this forum, it is corporate "corectness" that counts in a global economy, and Klipsch doesn't need any comments in a public forum that could be construed as being derogatory against any individual or group based on race, religion or gender.

I'm still trying to understand your issues against Militia groups. And why is it okay, in your mind, to connect it to seemingly nefarious purposes but not any other group?

Not sure why PC is such a huge hurdle jo. If someone is in the country illegally I would say illegal resident is appropriate terms. I am a legal resident but not a citizen and I have a green card and work permit. Not sure how that got to be insulting to people. PC is usually a misrepresentation or misuse of verbage that some get offended by. I think if you are an adult and can figure that out, there is no reason to be offended.

I got teased and ribbed all the time at previous jobs because I am Canadian working in the US. People would say smart a** things to me like "maybe that is how you do it in Canada, but we don't do it that way here....hahaha. I never understood how these remarks were supposed to hurt my feelings or something. I had several black friends that called me cracker playfully. Was I supposed to be offended? For God's sake it is words. Do they really hurt people?...

Well I just have to quote this so it never goes away.

Do words really hurt people?

Hmmmmm?

If you have a printer you can frame it!

• Like 1

I'm still trying to understand your issues against Militia groups. And why is it okay, in your mind, to connect it to seemingly nefarious purposes but not any other group?

You mean he wasn't transparent enough?  LOL.  Hypocrisy abounds even in the liberal camp.  He's a smart lawyer, though. It will occur to him at some point.

• Like 2

• Moderators

It had nothing to do with militia groups, that was simply an attempt to draw him out about the "group" he was afraud of.

I thought it was a pretty tranparent aspersion towards a particular racial/religiius group, in a thread where you were attempting to to focus on recent tragic events.

I was just pointing out it is inappropriate for this forum.

You have seen where theeads go where someone is trying to express sincere thoughts about a tragedy. Someone will always try to interject their unsolicited "answer" into the discussion.

I wasn't going to just let it hang there.

I think they have a large concentration of these none groups of people in Detroit?

But I haven't seen any concentrations of none groups of people Militias in the area!

Maybe it has something to do with Jade Helm?

Should I be grandfathered back onto the BS forum?

Roger

Edited by twistedcrankcammer
  • Like 1

• Moderators

I think they have a large concentration of these none groups of people in Detroit?

But I haven't seen any concentrations of none groups of people Militias in the area!

Roger

United Auto Workers?

Roger

Travis,

Those are a thing of legend, they like the Do=Do bird, no longer exist!

Roger

United Auto Workers?

• Like 1

Would anyone be willing to explain what it is about political correctness that raises so many hackles?

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

Some people just don't want to hear the truth, so they become "offended" and challenge their "offender". Those who attempt to impose their will on me in this manner will find out how little I care about PC, or about "offending" them.

• Like 6

Would anyone be willing to explain what it is about political correctness that raises so many hackles?

Some people just don't want to hear the truth, so they become "offended" and challenge their "offender". Those who attempt to impose their will on me in this manner will find out how little I care about PC, or about "offending" them.

You want to be free to offend others with no reproach? Is that about it?

I don't think it was ever meant to offend...in what I was stating. I was drawing a direct relation between the repeat offenders of this horrible rash of attacks by a particular group. Let's call them Ohio Grassmen.

If we as a nation refuse to accept that these people exist it and fail to recognize them or take them at their word, it really won't matter much that we are afraid to hurt their feelings and in the end that will be cause for our own demise. I feel that there are plenty of views shared by the Grassmen in milder form that are well able to stand up and speak out about bad Grassmen but fail to do so.

No offense meant to any Grassmen in the forum...

Edited by teaman
  • Like 2