Another close call

BigStewMan

Yes i was walking home from the Del Taco...crossing same street as last time, different intersection.  I had the green light and walk sign was in my favor, and i was in the crosswalk. Here comes a car with a driver not paying attention (until the last minute)...car stops about 6 feet from me. The lady waves.  Maybe she just wanted a closer look of me?

Edited by BigStewMan
  • Like 5

Yes i was walking home from the Del Taco...crossing same street as last time, different intersection.  I had the green light and walk sign was in my favor, and i was in the crosswalk. Here comes a car with a driver not paying attention (until the last minute)...car stops about 6 feet from me. The lady waves.  Maybe she just wanted a closer look of me?

You are no doubt STILL in the OC.

Pushing you're chances of luck eh?

Earth to Stew, Earth to Stew, you are living on barrowed time, do not push you're luck.

• Like 1

Yes i was walking home from the Del Taco...crossing same street as last time, different intersection. I had the green light and walk sign was in my favor, and i was in the crosswalk.

Hmm...Have you been checked for color blindness?

yes, no color blindness.

it's a dangerous intersection.  I was nailed in the crosswalk one block over and nearly a second time in the same spot. I don't cross there anymore. i walk down a block.

recently someone got hit and killed there. I watched one other very close call, this couple barely escaped.

The time I was hit and the other two close calls were all from someone making a left turn on the green light and not yielding to pedestrians in the crosswalk.  When i was hit, the guy was only doing 20 mph; but, that was enough to break several bones and cause a lot of pain.

• Moderators

Considering your health from the last time you were run over I would avoid Del taco, or drive there ? Glad she didn't run you over.  :emotion-21:

I made a note if I ever come visit you, I need to not walk to lunch with you, we will drive even if it's across the street.

Damn! Did the guy who hit you last time get in trouble, ticket or anything? Have to pay your medical bills?

hah!  legal minimum amount of insurance, which didn't even cover one night stay in hospital ($28K) NOT counting doctors, meds, and tests.  my auto insurance's under-insured motorist kicked in some, and my health insurance had a provision for some...being irresponsible, i just dumped it all on a lawyer and had them square things.

Glad you are intact.  Good reason to keep your head on a swivel.

Have you perhaps given any thought that since this seems to always happen after you leave Del Taco....well....you do leave a tip don't you?

maybe i should tip?  hard to imagine that they've got it out for me...all the money that i've spent there since 1970.

maybe i should tip?  hard to imagine that they've got it out for me...all the money that i've spent there since 1970.

Perhaps they're aware of the depth of your pockets more than you realize?

It's looking to me like a clear case of extortion. 

Great....I've used the 'E' word.....now the NSA will be watching this thread.   :ph34r:

• Moderators

I would avoid Del taco
that's what makes me so strong. stronger than a 2009 toyota tundra at least. not interested in trying it again either.  of all the stupidly rich people around here, i couldn't get hit by one of them :D  

You must be very strong, considering all the Del taco + gallons of ketchup you have had over a lifetime, you should probably be dead just from the fast food ? It would kill a normal person, I would think ?

This isn't even counting being a Raiders fan :o wait that could be it, there pretty tough.