Klipschorns - $500 - Richmond VA

Arrow#422

This is so freeekin cool!

We talked a bit and it turns out he got back into audio about  3 years ago, got the equipment bug and has been  buying a lot of 70's stuff, mostly into Pioneer.  Bought these at an auction and got a big negatory from the missus.  Had a friend of his son evaluate them and he told him that not working about $700 is fair.  Now Alan figures that since people are going to have to spend money to travel and get them, $500 is really fair.  Well we talked a bit and he tells me that he only hooked one up and could only get sound out of the woofer, and he's worry he might damage his classic Sansui so he stops his testing there. Doesn't matter to me I've got to go for this, right. So I commit to buying and we will meetup on Sunday.  He lives in a Virginia county that has only one stoplight about 3 hours from me. 

He calls me about 15 minutes ago, got to fooling around with them and now both work except for one horn.

Any change in the price because of this I ask, thinking it only reasonable.  Nope, he says, I wouldn't do that to you!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a great guy.  I'm going to go through my equipment stash to see what I can toss his way by way of thanks.  I'll also be bringing him some records, some sealed by way of thanks.

The audio gods are smiling on me.

Khorns for Christmas, Khorns for Christmas, Khorns for Christmas, he hums to himself, the germination of a smash Christmas hit song bubbling up through his giddiness.

• Like 8

You're right.  The bass bins and components are worth every bit of $500, even if the sum of the parts doesn't immediately produce music.  Very good score.  Keep us posted.  

Just take $500 cash to minimize the temptation to buy more of his excess stuff.  Upon further reflection,  take a wad and treat yourself to an early Christmas.

Edited by DizRotus
  • Like 1

Thank you once again one and all.

Now onto more prosaic business.  Got to rent a vehicle to go get them, it's about 3 hours from me. Will these things fit in a mini-van?  They are a lot cheaper to rent than a van.

Also, what tools do I need to separate the top-hat's from the bass bins?

Edited by thebes