Klipschorns - $500 - Richmond VA

Arrow#422

I've spun wingnuts to remove several  tops hats over the years, but never from decorators.  From photos and my dim memories of actual decorators, I believe wingnuts are not involved.  Decorators don't have top hats in the traditional sense.  The motorboard to which the squawker and tweeter are attached appears to be screwed to the bass bin.  I predict that separating if from the bass bin will be more challenging than a pair of wingnuts.

Surely others have first hand experience with decorators. I hope it's easy but be prepared for a challenge.

Edited by DizRotus

Thanks Neil, hadn't realized they were decorators.  That probably explains the unfinished look and the black paint. Fortunately I know a master veneerer.  I may have to rent a van, instead of a mini van...  I'll post something in 2 Channel and seek more info.

+1 to above.

We managed to get a pair (not decorators) standing up in the bed of a small Ford Ranger pickup. With ample padding, a weatherproof tarp and being well tied down they made it safely from Detroit to Pittsburgh. Use a pickup, take time protecting from weather and securely anchoring and you won't need to take time disassembling and reassembling.

Good luck, safe travels and let us know how it goes.

Edited by DizRotus