The Force Awakens - Official Thread (HERE BE SPOILERS)

wvu80

My take--This Stars Wars release is silly and DUMB.

I like movies as well as the next---normal guy--but this is over the top.

Remember Boys and Girls--don't take Light Sabers and Other Weapons

to the theater--you might get booted out--Hahahaha

post-60620-0-92960000-1450394332_thumb.p

• Like 1

Mustang Guy put me on to a theater that has the lounger chairs and it is reserved seating.  It will be in 3-D and have a Dolby Atmos setup!  It's a couple of hours away but I'll take the family and make an outing of it but it won't be until after Christmas.

I've never been interested in Atmos for the home but I'm real interested in how Atmos sounds in the theater.

I think I may try to get to Star Wars on Friday for my first viewing.

Star Wars has every thing going for it---gun fights, fast draw bar fights, heroes, heroines, story line, great music, great sound, social impact, visually stunning, mind control, action, bad guys, good guys, and some lessons in Quantum Physics.

JJK

OK, I just saw TFA in 3-D at the local theater.  Wow!  5/5  :emotion-21: :emotion-21: :emotion-21: :emotion-21: :emotion-21:

Quick Note:  I saw it in 3-d and I was able to move around a little before I settled into my seat.  Middle seating is best, then move back, not forward. I think the 3-d images better back, the effect is less pronounced when sitting closer to the screen.  Sitting wide you still get good audio.

I'm going to let my opinions out in little chunks because I don't want to accidentally drop spoilers before everyone has had a chance to see it.

I know not all of you guys watch Star Wars, but in past movies both Jedi and Sith have certain powers, called Force_blank.  Force shove, Force lightning (dark side), Force conceal (ie, the Emperor) Force vision (seeing a possible future) etc.  Not every Force user has every power.  What surprised me in Ep 7 is there are a couple of new force powers I haven't seen before.  Very cool and very creative.

This movie had some genuine goose bump moments, several.  See what you think. 

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 1

OK, I just saw TFA in 3-D at the local theater.  Wow!  5/5  :emotion-21: :emotion-21: :emotion-21: :emotion-21: :emotion-21:

Quick Note:  I saw it in 3-d and I was able to move around a little before I settled into my seat.  Middle seating is best, then move back, not forward. I think the 3-d images better back, the effect is less pronounced when sitting closer to the screen.  Sitting wide you still get good audio.

I'm going to let my opinions out in little chunks because I don't want to accidentally drop spoilers before everyone has had a chance to see it.

I know not all of you guys watch Star Wars, but in past movies both Jedi and Sith have certain powers, called Force_blank.  Force shove, Force lightning (dark side), Force conceal (ie, the Emperor) Force vision (seeing a possible future) etc.  Not every Force user has every power.  What surprised me in Ep 7 is there are a couple of new force powers I haven't seen before.  Very cool and very creative.

This movie had some genuine goose bump moments, several.  See what you think.

Agreed! I thought they did an excellent job at prepping to pass the baton to the younger characters. Going again tomorrow night with family and I'm as excited as I was to see it the first time! It's fun and well thought out, that's what I was hoping for!

• Like 1

A couple of things that surprised me:

The movie was more humorous than I thought it would be.  Even Chewy had his funny moments.

With a cast that included Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher, I was shocked to find out that newcomer Daisy Ridley (Rey) was the real star of the show, she carried the movie on her back spectacularly.  Her character was completely believable with a wide range of emotions and her performance completely knocked it out of the park.

I am no expert (more accurately, completely ignorant) in such things but she absolutely should be considered for an Academy Award for Best Actress in a leading role.

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 2

I would really like to go see this in a theater with ATMOS but the dolby site leave a lot to be desired regarding their search engine. I punched in my zip code and it just said, nothing near me, not one listing at all, regardless of distance. I'm definitely not going to fight the crowds and will take Denise sometime after Christmas.

Abrams did a nice job integrating the new with the old in the movie. Dialogue was on point and not wooden (like the prequels) and all the actors did a nice job. Villains were believable and very well thought out. Plus the use of practical effects rather than a ton of CGI really helped as well.

To meet all the expectations and hype is impressive. Abrams is an excellent director...he's done such a good job with all the franchises that he's been involved in. Definitely wouldn't mind seeing this one again as it was so much fun to watch.

9.5/10

• Like 1