The Force Awakens - Official Thread (HERE BE SPOILERS)

wvu80

You can take a few bars and compare it to just about anything and come up with the same conclusions.

Like you can take a few bars from Gladiator, and notice that it's pretty much the same thing as Pirates of the Caribbean. Except that was the same composer, probably no coincidence. :) He was even sued for ripping off Planet Suite by Gustav Holst on Gladiator. Lots of borrowing going on.

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

I do believe you are doing a lot of "stretching" here. You can take a few bars and compare it to just about anything and come up with the same conclusions. JJK

Oh, that's been around for years that John Williams steals from other composers.  Even the maker of the video admits that composers steal from each other and have done so for centuries.  Some composers even insert musical quotes as a nod or tribute to another composer.

Listen to Tchaikovsky's Overture 1812 and March Slav.  He even steals from himself! 

What next, are we going to take down Aaron Copeland just because he stole Simple Gifts from the Shakers???  :lol:

Edited by wvu80

As I recall the first release of Star Wars in the 70's was a huge moral booster for all of the people in the USA. It kind of took hold like "cell phones".

JJK

Especially the 70 mm road show release.  A certain corporation got a big boost from the (synthetic?) silk banners that hung from the marquee that read, "In 70 mm and Dolby Stereo."

Edited by garyrc

I'm all in! 

I so rarely go to movies now either, 150" screen and Rf 7ii's make the home experience so much more enjoyable, but I'm going out for this one.  We have tickets to a 7pm 3D imax showing on the 17th!  I can't think about it, I get too excited, the only thing that helps me stay focused is that the prequels were a let down.  But Lucas is gone and this one has potential to be so much more "intelligently" done!

Like MKP, my dad took me to see the movie (Well Empire) in the theaters and I will never forget it, still have the poster from that trip.  The Star Wars series captured my imagination as a child and I was a huge fan!  I kept the toys and I even got sucked back into the video game foray because of Battlefronts release last month.  I bought an Xbox One just to play that.  With two small kiddos , all I have to sacrifice is sleep in order to play...

Anyway - thanks for the thread!  I'm very excited for it, I have no issue being assigned the nerd badge that comes along with that!  :)   Guilty as charged.

• Like 1

Star Wars

We're talking star wars

Yes they are star wars

Cowboys in space

Star Wars

Definitely star wars

No doubt they are star wars

Fighting in space

There's a guy

Who has a  fast ship named after a Ford

With a friend

Who's really very hairy

And a girl

With a hamburger bun hair do

And a dude

Who breathes so very funny

But it's just star wars

Yes it is star wars

Definitely star wars

Cowboys in space

Didn't Bill Murray do that on Saturday Night Live?