Why Is Marijuana Banned? The Real Reasons Are Worse Than You Think

MyOwn

Patients should be warned about the dangers of chemotherapy after research showed that cancer drugs are killing up to 50 per cent of patients in some hospitals.

For the first time researchers looked at the numbers of cancer patients who died within 30 days of starting chemotherapy, which indicates that the medication is the cause of death, rather than the cancer.

The study by Public Health England andCancer Research UK found that across England around 8.4 per cent of patients with lung cancer, and 2.4 per cent of breast cancer patients died within a month.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2016/08/30/chemotherapy-warning-as-hundreds-die-from-cancer-fighting-drugs/

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MrGrey said:

Patients should be warned about the dangers of chemotherapy after research showed that cancer drugs are killing up to 50 per cent of patients in some hospitals.

Patients ARE warned.  Very clear statistics are presented about survival rates with specific cancer therapies, such as surgery, chemo and radiation.

In my case with colon cancer they went snip-snip and took out half my insides.  After the surgery my doctor went over the percentages that chemo would add to the likelihood cancer would not return, and also the percentages that chemo could contribute to my death.  Chemo had had about a 2% chance of helping me after surgery, and I opted not to do that, thinking the surgery got it all.

That was 5 years ago.  I had my colonoscopy two weeks ago and the cancer had not returned.

But I ASSURE you, they have very good numbers which are shared with the patients. Cancer treatment has come a long way in the last ten years, and they have a lot of this figured out.  The doctor gave me information and after that I made my own decision.

• Like 2

On September 10, 2016 at 3:36 AM, wvu80 said:

Patients ARE warned.  Very clear statistics are presented about survival rates with specific cancer therapies, such as surgery, chemo and radiation.

In my case with colon cancer they went snip-snip and took out half my insides.  After the surgery my doctor went over the percentages that chemo would add to the likelihood cancer would not return, and also the percentages that chemo could contribute to my death.  Chemo had had about a 2% chance of helping me after surgery, and I opted not to do that, thinking the surgery got it all.

That was 5 years ago.  I had my colonoscopy two weeks ago and the cancer had not returned.

But I ASSURE you, they have very good numbers which are shared with the patients. Cancer treatment has come a long way in the last ten years, and they have a lot of this figured out.  The doctor gave me information and after that I made my own decision.

so happy that you got good results Dave.  Do you have to get a scope twice a year or what?  I had my second one this past January--all is well and the doc said I’m good for 10 years.

5 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

so happy that you got good results Dave.  Do you have to get a scope twice a year or what?  I had my second one this past January--all is well and the doc said I’m good for 10 years.

My cancer was slow growing.  It takes about 5 years to grow.

I am 60 years old and I'm on the once every five years plan.  :)

• Like 1

the night before is far worse than the examination (as you well know).  My first time, the doc gave me pills to take with water--that’s all.  He retired and the young lady that took over his practice uses some absolutely horrible tasting drink.  we’re a fairly smart people, for the life of me, i can’t figure out why something has to taste so bad.