Why Is Marijuana Banned? The Real Reasons Are Worse Than You Think

MyOwn

For all the naysayers who are not educated in the ideas of Shamanism, and expanded consciousness, I invite you to read the Forward here: https://books.google.com/books?id=DBaMkffOGwgC&printsec=frontcover&dq=shamanism&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwip3cLokPjKAhVP-mMKHXSXAK4Q6AEIUTAJ#v=onepage&q=shamanism&f=false

Just scroll down a little and read the forward by Jean Houston. In there, is the bulk of my argument for the use of mind altering drugs. If you can read that, you will easily understand the value of the personal journey, and futhermore the democratization of that spiritual journey, that is possible with access to certain chemicals. You will also easily why Establishment Figures and Institutions want so badly to block the populace FROM that journey. It should be obvious.

Being drunk is in no ways similar to being dosed with LSD, MDMA, or even just MJ. This weird idea that everyone is "drunk" is a grave misunderstanding of the woefully inexperienced. 
I agree...not at all alike. 
The chemical pathways into consciousness are pathways into deeper understanding of life than just hitting the production lines for 8 hours and collecting your pay check. 
yes and not sure. speaking from quite of bit of experience in this matter, most of the time, i just THOUGHT i was being profound.  

Being drunk is in no ways similar to being dosed with LSD, MDMA, or even just MJ. This weird idea that everyone is "drunk" is a grave misunderstanding of the woefully inexperienced. 
I agree...not at all alike. 

The chemical pathways into consciousness are pathways into deeper understanding of life than just hitting the production lines for 8 hours and collecting your pay check. 
yes and not sure. speaking from quite of bit of experience in this matter, most of the time, i just THOUGHT i was being profound.  

LOL, and probably more accurate than not.  How can the stoned guy sit there and tell the straight guy being stoned is better than being straight?  Everyone has their own experience.  Many people have tried various drugs, including MJ, and simply not "digged" them for whatever personal reasons they might have.  Maybe it makes them too anxious or paranoid.  Or too scatter-brained.  Or whatever.  I can't see how either side can pass judgment on the other.

• Like 2

Mallette/Dave.........   As I have already stated medical science needs to determine the best to be obtained from MJ and figure out the best way to utilize it.  For that matter there's a lot of medical potential for psychotropics like LSD too.  But to merely cut the product free and available for personal application - is adding a new and different layer of inebriation into a society already severely troubled with existing products.  

The problem is Medical Science has had the last 50+ years to do that and all we see from it is rampant Oxycontin addiction with over 20,000 annual deaths due to prescription drug overdose and a tyrannical government that leaves the one substance with 0 known overdose fatalities since the beginning of mankind on a Schedule 1 list. I dont trust the FDA or the DEA one bit and they have no right to control what I put in my body.   

"Medical Science" means what, exactly? (Laughter). Most people assume it is some independent and rational institution that can wave a wand with some research and set policy. That's ludicrous. In the world of Scheduled Drugs, by which we mean the War on Drugs, the last people in line with a vote are "medical scientists." 

Who needs a refresher on how US Policy is made? Are there people who think it's rationalized for the good of citizens? Are there naive people who think scientists make policy in the USA? Are there still people who think "medicine" is independent of commerce and politics? 

Review: After 30 years of WoD, and $3T spent, and there are more drugs available than in the beginning. Why? It's not a mistake.

I think you are mistaken on my intent as I do agree with you. When I say "Medical Science" I am referring to our current fascist system of the symbiotic and ultimately malicious relationship between pharmaceutical companies and the FDA. True medical science in an independent and objective light is nonexistent in this country as it is squashed by our un-elected and Unconstitutional federal agencies that enforce by law a single paradigm of allopathic medicine which enriches the pharmaceutical companies.

The tentacles of this system run deep and have entrenched themselves into our education system and scientific journals via advertising revenues. Television direct to consumer pharmaceutical advertising is especially insidious as it both creates an irrational desire for medicine but also provides a steady stream of revenue to the 6 media conglomerates that control 90% of our media.

Thus is the triangle of control over our health, the pharmaceutical companies collect the revenue from sales and use its profits to elicit control over the media and government, the government utilizes violence to enforce the agenda of the pharmaceutical companies and the media manipulates the citizens to dissuade them from trying to utilize the narrowing avenues of political change left in our Republican form of government.

• Like 2

Mallette/Dave......... As I have already stated medical science needs to determine the best to be obtained from MJ and figure out the best way to utilize it. For that matter there's a lot of medical potential for psychotropics like LSD too. But to merely cut the product free and available for personal application - is adding a new and different layer of inebriation into a society already severely troubled with existing products.

The problem is Medical Science has had the last 50+ years to do that and all we see from it is rampant Oxycontin addiction with over 20,000 annual deaths due to prescription drug overdose and a tyrannical government that leaves the one substance with 0 known overdose fatalities since the beginning of mankind on a Schedule 1 list. I dont trust the FDA or the DEA one bit and they have no right to control what I put in my body.

"Medical Science" means what, exactly? (Laughter). Most people assume it is some independent and rational institution that can wave a wand with some research and set policy. That's ludicrous. In the world of Scheduled Drugs, by which we mean the War on Drugs, the last people in line with a vote are "medical scientists."

Who needs a refresher on how US Policy is made? Are there people who think it's rationalized for the good of citizens? Are there naive people who think scientists make policy in the USA? Are there still people who think "medicine" is independent of commerce and politics?

Review: After 30 years of WoD, and $3T spent, and there are more drugs available than in the beginning. Why? It's not a mistake.

I think you are mistaken on my intent as I do agree with you. When I say "Medical Science" I am referring to our current fascist system of the symbiotic and ultimately malicious relationship between pharmaceutical companies and the FDA. True medical science in an independent and objective light is nonexistent in this country as it is squashed by our un-elected and Unconstitutional federal agencies that enforce by law a single paradigm of allopathic medicine which enriches the pharmaceutical companies.

The tentacles of this system run deep and have entrenched themselves into our education system and scientific journals via advertising revenues. Television direct to consumer pharmaceutical advertising is especially insidious as it both creates an irrational desire for medicine but also provides a steady stream of revenue to the 6 media conglomerates that control 90% of our media.

Thus is the triangle of control over our health, the pharmaceutical companies collect the revenue from sales and use its profits to elicit control over the media and government, the government utilizes violence to enforce the agenda of the pharmaceutical companies and the media manipulates the citizens to dissuade them from trying to utilize the narrowing avenues of political change left in our Republican form of government.

I am truly impressed!

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

Maybe it makes them too anxious or paranoid.

Strictly personal observation and not intended to offend anyone, but my observation over some 45 years of being around the stuff and people using it at one time or the other suggests that only people who are very well adjusted and even keeled like it from day one.  It's an amplifier.  If one is paranoid, that person may get more paranoid.  If one is even keeled, they just get more even keeled.  If the love music, they get ecstatic over it.  If they love humor, everything is suddenly funny. 

Etc. 

I got pretty good at guessing reactions so I feel fairly confident in the above.  Interested to hear comments either way.

Dave

• Like 1

someone just told me last night about marijuana & anxiety (which i personally only experienced when i was out of it). He said “occasionally i’ll tell myself that i smoked too much because i’m getting anxious.” He went on to say the beauty of it is that once you start thinking about something else, you forget about the anxiety.

someone just told me last night about marijuana & anxiety (which i personally only experienced when i was out of it). He said “occasionally i’ll tell myself that i smoked too much because i’m getting anxious.” He went on to say the beauty of it is that once you start thinking about something else, you forget about the anxiety.

The only time I recall anxiety, or paranoia, was driving a car with four others rolling joints from a bag of weed at 3am and getting a look from a cop driving the other way. With five people smoking weed for hours there would be no way for the car to pass inspection. "Roll down the window," would be the end of the line. My good, safe driving never failed us in 2 or 3 years of that.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

Maybe it makes them too anxious or paranoid.

Strictly personal observation and not intended to offend anyone, but my observation over some 45 years of being around the stuff and people using it at one time or the other suggests that only people who are very well adjusted and even keeled like it from day one.  It's an amplifier.  If one is paranoid, that person may get more paranoid.  If one is even keeled, they just get more even keeled.  If the love music, they get ecstatic over it.  If they love humor, everything is suddenly funny. 

Etc. 

I got pretty good at guessing reactions so I feel fairly confident in the above.  Interested to hear comments either way.

Dave

Couldn't agree with you more....spot on.

• Moderators

Couldn't agree with you more....spot on.

And if they're generally agreeable, they're even more agreeable.  Whatcha smoking Jim?

More that what he's smoking, Jim must be even keeled or ecstatic to be so agreeable and well adjusted, plus he would be on crack by now, gateway drug and all.  :o  :lol:

So what would opponents think if Jim's character was attributed to a puff here and there ?  Dave I am not talking about you being an opponent, I know better.  :blush2:

plus he would be on crack by now
 Whoever said I'm not?

Have to admit, I'm kind of enjoying reading what you all are thinking about me, even though all I did was agree with Dave....which may of course be cause for concern..... 

being a Wolverine, i figured you more of a hashish guy.  Ann Arbor Hash Bash veteran.

• Like 1

plus he would be on crack by now

Whoever said I'm not?

Have to admit, I'm kind of enjoying reading what you all are thinking about me, even though all I did was agree with Dave....which may of course be cause for concern.....

being a Wolverine, i figured you more of a hashish guy. Ann Arbor Hash Bash veteran.

'71 and '72 for me
  • Like 2