Why Is Marijuana Banned? The Real Reasons Are Worse Than You Think

MyOwn

"Thai stick" was dipped in opium, or at least that was what I was once told.

I guess anything could be dipped in oils but don't think it was the norm.

Some dip in embalming fluid as well to get a different high, its called Wiki stick.

May have spelled it wrong but did my best.

Some include synthetic marijuana in their studies to throw off readers, its not the same thing either.

Not a thing in their that isn't consistent with MJ history and science.  What is inaccurate and one-sided? 

Well, I don't know which is fact or fantasy, but that article didn't provide citation to any authorities.  And when a person writes in 2016:

[Anslinger] explained to the public what would happen if you smoked cannabis.

First, you will fall into "a delirious rage." Then you will be gripped by "dreams... of an erotic character." Then you will "lose the power of connected thought." Finally, you will reach the inevitable end-point: "Insanity." 

... you can't help by wonder what amount of poetic license might be in there.

Not a thing in their that isn't consistent with MJ history and science.  What is inaccurate and one-sided? 

That there are no harmful effects whatsoever of marijuana use.

Don't get me wrong, the political history of that was full of crazy propaganda and lies, but it's not completely harmless the way the article implies.....especially for younger people. Brain development in the early years is certainly impacted, and it goes until an average age of 25. It's related to the same chemical changes that causes 25 year old males to start thinking about consequences that allows insurance rates to go down.

Future generations have a sizable learning task ahead of them requiring mental acuity - not mental retardation.  I suppose those who survive the wash will rise to the top.  But will there be hordes of the lesser accomplished needing to be supported by those who succeed?  Already we witness social stratification and its consequences.  Tough and complex questions, really.

Tough, but not new at all.  Social strata has always existed and always will.  If a comfortable life is any indicator of using the right ingredients in the proper amounts, I'd say whatever we're mixing right now is a pretty good recipe. 

I'd say what we're mixing now is marginal to unravelling.  Add a new layer of inebriate fog into the blend and who knows what'll occur.  IMHO we need to be adopting behaviors understood to enhance the human condition and I remain unconvinced that easy access to MJ is such a swell idea.  Imagine visiting the grand kids and finding them sloppy stoned glued to their electronic games - week in and week out.  I dunno - I s'pose if they churn out good grades, can be articulate and informed, objective, etc.......... that being in a chronic state of giggly jello makes little difference.   :huh:

But does prohibition actually reduce easy access to drugs for children?  We shouldn't adopt a policy of prohibition out of sentimentality or moral righteousness when it's proven so counter productive.  If you really want to limit kids' access to drugs, then we need to try a more sensible approach, where we don't cede control and power to the unsavory elements in the black market, waste a fortune doing it, ruin the lives of those with records and the obscene percentage of our people incarcerated, and perpetuating what is the modern equivalent of Jim Crow, all while failing to reduce kids' easy access to drugs.  

• Like 1

Future generations have a sizable learning task ahead of them requiring mental acuity - not mental retardation.  I suppose those who survive the wash will rise to the top.  But will there be hordes of the lesser accomplished needing to be supported by those who succeed?  Already we witness social stratification and its consequences.  Tough and complex questions, really.

Tough, but not new at all.  Social strata has always existed and always will.  If a comfortable life is any indicator of using the right ingredients in the proper amounts, I'd say whatever we're mixing right now is a pretty good recipe. 

I'd say what we're mixing now is marginal to unravelling.  Add a new layer of inebriate fog into the blend and who knows what'll occur.  IMHO we need to be adopting behaviors understood to enhance the human condition and I remain unconvinced that easy access to MJ is such a swell idea.  Imagine visiting the grand kids and finding them sloppy stoned glued to their electronic games - week in and week out.  I dunno - I s'pose if they churn out good grades, can be articulate and informed, objective, etc.......... that being in a chronic state of giggly jello makes little difference.   :huh:

But does prohibition actually reduce easy access to drugs for children?  We shouldn't adopt a policy of prohibition out of sentimentality or moral righteousness when it's proven so counter productive.  If you really want to limit kids' access to drugs, then we need to try a more sensible approach, where we don't cede control and power to the unsavory elements in the black market, waste a fortune doing it, ruin the lives of those with records and the obscene percentage of our people incarcerated, and perpetuating what is the modern equivalent of Jim Crow, all while failing to reduce kids' easy access to drugs.  

Yeah.  In that case, they might as well reason that outlawing premarital sex would help us all.  Same with over-eating, failing to exercise, etc.

Need to find a balance.  I will draw a comparison to e-cigs.  They are thoroughly useless products, not legal for most kids to use but obtainable.  But they are portrayed as glamorous in the marketing.  Business drives the demand by defining incentive.  And it is working.  Kids are using e-cigs and feel they are glamorous, when in fact they've been duped and many are now addicted.  

So how to render MJ legal but not incentivize our youth?  Smoke responsibly?  I guess I am in disfavor of the entire premise.  How does alcohol consumption, nicotine/opiate addiction or MJ use or any mind altering substance not used for medical ends - add to a persons life?  How do they improve society?  Seems to me to be the opposite - they impair society - they slow advancement - they drive health problems - none of them contribute.

Now find the components of cannabis which can be isolated and converted into dose related applications and apply those.  Perhaps there is the worlds best antidepressant or anxiolytic hiding in there?  Once found they could be used as needed - to help - not hinder.

Why does society need to be stoned, or drunk, or speeding to feel like they're having fun?

Edited by oscarsear

oh, it’s a marijuana pilgrimage ... well that’s a horse of a different color.  :D

Not quite, but it is one big party, everyone eats, drinks and has a great time. Lots of folks spend the night!!!

I was just wondering about overnight lodging myself if it so happens i can make it.

• Like 1

• Moderators

oh, it’s a marijuana pilgrimage ... well that’s a horse of a different color.  :D

Not quite, but it is one big party, everyone eats, drinks and has a great time. Lots of folks spend the night!!!

I was just wondering about overnight lodging myself if it so happens i can make it.

Jason, there is primitive camping available with complete shower and restroom facilities available. You can also message me for other accommodations that may be available, such as the lake house for sleeping bags or blow up mattresses!!!

• Like 2