Sometimes the joke's on you

Pete H

I didn't have any "expectations"....but it has now become a diatribe regarding Deneen. Think about it, even giving him this much "air time" is playing right into his slimy hands.

Now, that wasn't very nice was it? Trash talking someone that can't respond?

I think he has a reponse for you, considering your nasty talk here.

https://2016opinions.wordpress.com/

i am simply heartbroken, cause it's all my fault Edited by jimjimbo

I had some good friends who were from Kansas City who were in a band called "The Clique." I have a lot fo great memories watching them at the Wine Cellar in Little Rock, and a place in Russellville that the name escapes me. Don Schmidt was the lead guitarist and I remember he used to leap off the stage and land on his knees playing some Eddie Van Halen guitar---Most excellent in experience and music.

Oh. the Wine Cellar.... a friend of mine from my hometown owned this when it burned, or whatever happened to it. Seems he is still in prison. A very long story....

It's really a shame that people couldn't figure out Mark well enough to leave him alone to do his thing.  He lives to debate, and his style is very magnetic in that he draws people in to the fight.  However, as soon as a person realizes he's not in the mood to fight that hard, the pattern always is that we would see a lot whining about Mark's style.

I always thought whining about Mark in this way was pretty weak, and I let my opinion be known a good handful of times.  However, there was just no getting around it.  The only way possible would have been to ban people for whining about Mark.  Maybe that would have taught people to bow out of an argument gracefully.  Instead, they bowed-out with rancor, whining, and demands to ban Mark.  What a shame it had to be that way.

I'm not all upset or angry, though.  I am just a little disappointed.  It is what it is.  Mark would just not relent.  Decorum was almost a worthless thing to him.  As for me, I can act with enough decorum to not get myself in trouble, but there is no denying the odds that the post-count around here will drop precipitously in his absence.  The "debaters" among us will just have to find a debate elsewhere or be content finding something else to do.

Funny he sent me a message stating I shouldn't say anything about someone when they aren't here to defend themselves this morning.

What's even funnier is I was one of the only ones backing his right to be a jerk if he wanted and to be able to come back under his real name.

• Like 2

Funny he sent me a message stating I shouldn't say anything about someone when they aren't here to defend themselves this morning.

What's even funnier is I was one of the only ones backing his right to be a jerk if he wanted and to be able to come back under his real name.

I got the same message.  I think it either went to everyone (I don't know how you'd do that), or it went to select people who he wanted to read his off-forum statement.

Mark, thanks for your very profane and insulting PM to me last night.  Obviously it was not the same as you sent to other folks, but it was exactly as I expected, extremely childish and reeking of huge insecurity.  BTW, I didn't read your post that you linked to, as I'm sure it was just more of your same old blah, blah, blah.

• Like 1

I was tired of your endless thread starting of non audio subjects full of your verbiage (if you know what that word really means) that was nothing but prattle. You turned into a Troll, you're better than that, Mark. Fight this crap, do better.

This is funny. You really think that Mark doesn't know what the word "verbiage" means?

Considering what goes on around this place, slapping Mark for "trolling" is pitiful. I guess it's only distasteful when you know who's doing it.

I was tired of your endless thread starting of non audio subjects full of your verbiage (if you know what that word really means) that was nothing but prattle. You turned into a Troll, you're better than that, Mark. Fight this crap, do better.

This is funny. You really think that Mark doesn't know what the word "verbiage" means?

Considering what goes on around this place, slapping Mark for "trolling" is pitiful. I guess it's only distasteful when you know who's doing it.

I thought you left?

• Like 1

Mark, thanks for your very profane and insulting PM to me last night. Obviously it was not the same as you sent to other folks, but it was exactly as I expected, extremely childish and reeking of huge insecurity. BTW, I didn't read your post that you linked to, as I'm sure it was just more of your same old blah, blah, blah.

Right, Mark's "insecure". I've never heard Mark be "profane". You should share the PM, I'm sure the Irish lashing is a great read.