Survey of listening room sizes

Chris A

16.75 feet wide, 25 feet long, height from 8.5 feet in the front to 11.83 feet in the rear.  4 Sonofiber squares to absorb early midrange reflections from the Khorns, 2 "other" absorbing squares, many, many shelves of books (open on the ends, therefore not "bookcases"), many vases and other artifacts, 5 diffusers, nothing between Khorns on front wall, modified Belle flush mounted in center of front wall (rear of Belle sticking into a bump out beyond front wall).  Wall to wall carpet over almost all of the floor, with a small area of tile floor in the back.  See signature for other components.

Room is 20' wide, 14' deep with 10' ceilings... LaScalas are on the long wall. No current room treatments, but it could use some to deal with the high frequency slap echo.

The ones in the corners appear to be wider? Are those La Scala II?

It's just the position/perspective of the camera... All are LaScala I.

I believe that there are yet a lot more people that haven't participated, based on thread counter statistics alone. 

Feel free to share your listening space dimensions.

Chris

My dedicated stereo room is the garage. Roughly 24'W x 24'L x 10'H. The La Scalas are about 4' into the room and 4' from the side walls.  Lots of clutter along the walls and overhead to stop the music from reflecting to the listening area. Do 2 10' long plastic kayaks hanging overhead count as a bass trap? 

image-XL.jpg

Mark

• Like 3

My dedicated stereo room is the garage. Roughly 24'W x 24'L x 10'H. The La Scalas are about 4' into the room and 4' from the side walls.  Lots of clutter along the walls and overhead to stop the music from reflecting to the listening area. Do 2 10' long plastic kayaks hanging overhead count as a bass trap? 

image-XL.jpg

Mark

If they do, I need to bring my set up out to my garage.My 2 10'ers are also hanging from the ceiling

image-XL.jpg

Mark

Awesome garage setup! I just hope you never hear this from your wife:

"Honey, I pulled the car in yesterday and came in a little far.... I told you you needed to put a tennis ball from the ceiling so I would know... anyway, um i dont think they got damaged too bad, you can repaint them right???"

"I just hope you never hear this from your wife:

"Honey, I pulled the car in yesterday and came in a little far.... I told you you needed to put a tennis ball from the ceiling so I would know... anyway, um i dont think they got damaged too bad, you can repaint them right???" "

That's why I move them back to the rear wall when the garage is in "parking mode" !! 

I'm more worried about her ramming the Harley than the speakers. Fixing speakers is cheap by comparison.

Mark

• Like 2

"Honey, I pulled the car in yesterday and came in a little far.... I told you you needed to put a tennis ball from the ceiling so I would know... anyway, um i dont think they got damaged too bad, you can repaint them right???" "

That's why I move them back to the rear wall when the garage is in "parking mode" !! 

I'm more worried about her ramming the Harley than the speakers. Fixing speakers is cheap by comparison.

Mark

Well if you have two cars why not two Harleys?

JJK

Mark

Well if you have two cars why not two Harleys?

JJK

I'd have to build another garage. One for the Harleys and one for the cars. The stereo goes with the Harleys.

Mark

Room Dimensions 3-3-16 large doc.bmpApprox. 15' wide x 35' length and the height starts at 7'6" then cathedrals to 10' and flattens out.  Things affecting sound, but not really acoustical treatments would be framed and dry walled soffit area over the 15' that is 7' off the floor (hardwood) but open above to the cathedral.  Stairwell in the rear of the room only has a half wall and is open to the basement.  The entire living space is open, so the living/listening room are open to the kitchen/dining room with the exception of a large bar and pantry that is also open to the ceiling.  I'll add some pictures later and it will make a lot more sense.

Edited by Pete H