How to do a Poll Here?

Wolfbane

I would like to start a survey myself. Not necessarily a poll but just a survey.  After some recent comments on another thread, It got me to wondering about how old everyone here actually is.  It is my thinking that age may somewhat directly or indirectly, influence musical tastes. 

I would like to start a survey myself. Not necessarily a poll but just a survey.  After some recent comments on another thread, It got me to wondering about how old everyone here actually is.  It is my thinking that age may somewhat directly or indirectly, influence musical tastes. 

Interesting.

Is your theory that what you are now is what you were when?  I.E., it is commonly accepted that a personls values lock in primarily at two times in a person's life, first around 11-12, and then finally in early adulthood, at 22-23. 

Theory 1 would be " a person has the same musical tastes now that they did in their formative years."  For instance if a person listened to Jethro Tull at age 22, they would still enjoy listening to Jethro Tull now at age 50.

Theory 2 would be "a person in their early years have simple tastes.  As they age they let go of the music of their formative years and seek more complex, more interesting music."  For instance a person who listened to the Beatles and the Rolling Stones in the 60's moved on to more complex music such as classical music in their 50's and 60's.

I don't know what the answers are to either of those theories, or even other more complex theories.

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 1

I don't know what the answers are to either of those theories, or even other more complex theories.

Hmmm?  Not sure what variety of worms in the can I have opened.  Definitely a thinker!  Or, I just like "horrible" voices?  When was that preference developed?  ...a tap ah tap tap of the finger, hmmm?  A thinker. 

Hit new topic.

Create the poll on the right

when you 'save' it, it will disappear.

Go BACK to your thread (currently in front of you) and give it a topic and maybe some comment in the post, then post it.

I just made one.  Once I hit save on the poll itself, it simply disappeared which confused me.  I messed around and was going to just make a thread when something popped up...  so I gathered the poll itself was waiting in the background to be posted.

Sort of like having a picture saved to your post.  You can't just 'post a picture', you create a thread, then post the picture inside the thread.

I went to vote on your poll but I didn't see any girls.

Seems you could create one.

The mind is a wonderful thing...

I did manage to get a poll created.  Never knew we could do that.

I went to vote on your poll but I didn't see any girls.

Seems you could create one.

The mind is a wonderful thing...

I did manage to get a poll created.  Never knew we could do that.

Now that you've created one, I would like to vote yes and #3.