Klipschhorns, too pricey

Mystery

• Moderators

For kicks, I just sent the seller an email with links to three other Klipschorns that are listed across the country ranging from $2750 - $4500. 

I realize unsolicited advice is rarely accepted but I couldn't help myself on this one. 

• Like 1

For kicks, I just sent the seller an email with links to three other Klipschorns that are listed across the country ranging from $2750 - $4500. 

I realize unsolicited advice is rarely accepted but I couldn't help myself on this one.

"But are they in Denver?!" :lol:

That's more than double what they cost brand new, if they really were purchased in the early 80's...

To quote Ibiza…."but they're from Denver" :D

It was all I could do to not email and ask them how much marijuana they'd been smoking before they typed up that ad...

• Moderators

Me:

The Klipschorns are amazing speakers but I’m afraid the original Klipschorns aren’t selling for anywhere near $7500.

Here are the ones listed across the country.

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/ele/5472941011.html

http://bozeman.craigslist.org/eld/5462419869.html

http://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/ele/5497063045.html

Best wishes with your sale,

Michael

Seller:

You may be right.. but if you look closer at each of those postings.. and which that's awesome that you found those.. but all those guys' speakers appear or are described as being to be half-rebuilt, or stained, or modified in some way - - and most of 'em basically look very 'tired' to me..

We've truly got a mint, rockin', rippin' beautiful pair here, man...that have remained in the same family estate since day-1 and this is not really a 'must' sell.. but just more of a 'should' sell..

I'm attaching a copy of the pdf valuation sent to me just a week or so ago by the GM of Listen Up here in Denver.. which.. believe it or not.. actually does show these as being valued 'in the market' as I have described in the posting.. hence my initial price-point for the ad..

If by chance you were actually interested.. we would work on price within reason.. and get the deal done..

Thanks for the response.. and for finding those other postings for reference.. how'd u do that, Michael..??

Luigi.

• Moderators

It's easy for us to laugh but the reality is this is likely from an estate sale. The kids probably know very little about Klipsch and they are just trying to get as much as they can for them (can't blame them). Seller seems like a very nice guy.

• Like 3

It's easy for us to laugh but the reality is this is likely from an estate sale. The kids probably know very little about Klipsch and they are just trying to get as much as they can for them (can't blame them). Seller seems like a very nice guy.

AND, he's in Denver... :ph34r:

• Like 1

Here is the "Klipschorn Official Valuation" that he sent me.

Then why not sell to 'Listen Up' at their so called valuation price of $3200 each?

That's still way too high.

I wonder if the valuation is done by someone high on Ganja.

Listen Up won't give $3500 for the pair if they had to buy.

I thought the same thing. Sad really.