P39 Palladiums no reserve

mustang guy

I am in the middle of doing some changes in the room. For now I put the Klipsch speakers away in a back room. I know what needs to be done with the room , I just need to decide how far I want to go . I just hung a Sony XBR 75" TV on wall which is a big factor but I m not to excited on pulling it off the wall and storing it . Also I have a couch on the other side wall which is an issue and would have to be removed .

I'm not to excited about making this room a 2 ch listening room only , but then again for as much $$$ as I have in my 2 ch setup it bug me that Im not able to get the best sound possible out of it .

My only 3 choices at this time are make it a 2ch listening room , leave TV on wall and deal with it , or move ....

I have a fireplace in the middle which is acting like a 3rd speaker , I had 2 panels in front of it but it didnt do the job , Im going to close the front of it off with a removable wall insert . I dont use the fireplace anyways and always hated it , but who ever buys the house will probably love it . For me to remove it and patch everything up is a huge cost because of the way it was installed otherwise it would be gone by now .

82ff3dd87e5c27f1642207ef3398699a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post-49590-0-72000000-1461675387_thumb.j

Edited by A1UC

Also the Rack being that high and being in the middle of the speakers is a issue which I have already corrected , now the rack in 12" only off the floor . They say you don't want the rack any higher than the lowest speaker when it is between the speakers .

post-49590-0-23160000-1461675351_thumb.j

Edited by A1UC

There is a very nice article which discusses room size etc. One point it brings up which seem to fit your problem is "When I tell people that the width of the room is too small for their speakers, it's because I know the narrow room width is going to combine with the radiation pattern of the speaker to create reflection issues. We need to define distance in terms of what the speakers' requirements are, not what you think looks and works best. This is the speaker's room, not yours!"

http://audiophilereview.com/room-acoustics/ideal-room-size-dimensions-and-ratios-for-audiophile-listening.html

I liked the statement "This is the speaker's room, not yours!" This is my favorite room mode calculator: http://amroc.andymel.eu/. Is your room in the center of the bolt area? 

Are the speakers too close together for good seperation? Perhaps the long wall would be better? 

I have Dave Brubeck's "best of" CD...and yes I can pick up each instrument exactly were they are located.  Everything is not just in the middle. 

I want to hear that. 

I bought it from Barnes and Noble - I've gotten several recordings from them that I couldn't find anywhere else!!! 

• 2 weeks later...

DRAFT AD

P39 Palladiums no reserve.

Can be combined with upgraded VRD's and Magnus if desired.

May be willing to trade for a 1990 Sportster or newer. Will throw in some cash.

Contact AIUC

OR

For Sale - House

I can't believe you outbid me on these and now you don't like them. Geeeezzzzzzz

If I wasn't so lazy I'd pack them up and sell them to you . The only reason I still have them is there so big and heavy and a PITA these would have to be picked up bring a friend I ain't doing nothing but 1Z0Y20480399770039taking the cash and holding the door Edited by A1UC

• Moderators
I ain't doing nothing but taking the cash and holding the door

Cmon A1, you aren't that lazy if you are willing to hold the door.  :P

FYI, you have a tracking number inside your text above.

Got the chance to hear the P38 and P37 over the past weekend. If I had the funds, they would be in my home; those are absolutely fantastic. Don't sell the 39s! You can make them work!

ebfa96b1e45b66399d4484182cf05f0b.jpg

Put them back for another test

I am in a spot , I really love my Joseph Audio Perspectives but also want to give these P39's a chance . I decided to hold on to both of them till 100% sure which pair to sell . I plan on moving one day but right now with everything going on with family etc I don't know where I want to move so it might be awhile . I feel I need to give the P39's a chance in a bigger room before deciding and I need to play around with placement in there current location . So looks like they are both keepers for now .

• Like 2

That's a nice predicament to be in, any chance of keeping them both? 

Just curious, when playing with the P39 placement, do you prefer the sound with no toe in?

I didn't mess with it last night after getting them setup that's why the picture shows no toe in , this morning I was listening and i did toe in the speakers and the sound improved . Today I hope to measure placement and play with the toe in to find the best spot  

• Like 1