SOLD: Custom Chorus (Cherry)

Matthews

luddite, if I was in the area, i would be happy to help you out. Also, it's not that far for you and it affords you the opportunity to check out his LaScala and his amps.....oh and to meet Matthews B)

That price as far below what is normally offered for the size, condition and the custom Cherry cabinets.  

• Like 3

I understand.  Unfortunately, I am working the next two weekends, and don't have the 1-2 days free for the road trip necessary.  I got caught in this situation a while back when I tried to deal on a pair of La Scalas.  Will try to get some time off, but until then I thought I'd check the possibilities...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mungkiman said:

How much with cane grills?

Was only going to cane them if they turned into keepers.  For me to do the grills in cane, for sale, it would add at a minimum +$150.  The cane alone will cost nearly $100 (3 yards).

Matt ♪ ♫ ♪

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, Weber said:

I thought about you and these earlier today while explaining to someone how finishing the face really dresses a speaker up nicely. 

Congrats

Something for the car? B)

Yes, the finished motorboard really brings beauty to an otherwise drab speaker.  So much so that it makes it difficult to put the grills on.

The car should be out of ICU by Friday.  That money is already budgeted and it is time to start enjoying er'.  Can't wait to drive "Little Miss Sunshine" into the beautiful sunset.  However, it won't be long, I will find something she HAS to have.  I am torn about putting side exhaust headers with the massive 4" collectors on?  Have always had a soft spot for those and it a part of the childhood dream B)

Matt ♪ ♫ ♪

• Like 2

Nice, congrats to both of you! The Chorus are an excellent speaker and easy to drive but at the same time will take a serious beating and not even flinch. I've ran mine with 20 watt tube amps up to 600 watts of solid state power and they just sounded great.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, jjptkd said:

Nice, congrats to both of you! The Chorus are an excellent speaker and easy to drive but at the same time will take a serious beating and not even flinch. I've ran mine with 20 watt tube amps up to 600 watts of solid state power and they just sounded great.

Well I'm using my smaller Onkyo AVR down in the basement to drive the CF2's now (80wpc I believe).  Was thinking that it might be time to upgrade to something bigger/newer like the Outlaw 975/5000 combo.  Maybe that's overkill for such a small room though :unsure:

5 minutes ago, Grizzog said:

I've got the outlaw combo driving some fortes right now. Sounds fantastic. Had it on some RF-7II before with great results too.

The 5000 isn't super quiet though. It does have amp hiss, but at my seating position it's not an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well good to hear (hah).  This would be in a fairly small room though, so I wonder if the noise might be an issue.

4 hours ago, Shaun K said:

To meeee.  Thanks Matt for the deal, and for holding on to them for me until I can make a road trip down from Minneapolis.  Can't want to put these downstairs, but now I might need more power :D

Look forward to meeting you, Shaun. I used to run the Chorus with a Yamaha M-65 (170 wpc). Love the old Yammy M-series gear. If I were in the market, I'd be looking into a Yamaha M-80 to run these with. Just my personal preference of course. 

When you come to pick them up, I will have em' hooked up to a little Yamaha integrated for you to demo. They are gonna knock your socks off :D

Matt

• Like 2

Congrats to Shaun and Matthews. The Chorus speakers look fabulous. I saw them when I picked up my La Scalas from Matthews a few weeks back.  Absolute works of art, my La Scalas and Shaun's new Chorus speakers!  

Make Matthews take you for a ride in Little Miss Sunshine. That should clear a few cobwebs after a long drive from mpls..

Mark

• Like 1