Apology to the community

T2K

Many boards have an "Ignore User" feature.  Maybe the upgraded forum software will have that feature.

It does.

Does the Ignore User option include a Button that will have a Send Birdie Now Function???

• Administrators

Many boards have an "Ignore User" feature.  Maybe the upgraded forum software will have that feature.

It does.

Does the Ignore User option include a Button that will have a Send Birdie Now Function???

No, but I'm toying with changing the reputation system to "like OR dislike" vs just "like".

• Like 2

Here is the thread to which my apology referenced:

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/165195-fs-klipsch-ksp-400-mahogany-w-feet-and-perfect-amps/

I EDITED my foul language but the word is repeated in the subsequent post. By reading it everyone may have a better understanding of what actually transpired, rather than comment on something they are unaware of. 

Keith

As far as the young member mentioned that seemingly disappeared goes, he repeatedly responded negatively to others threads regarding Klipsch speakers that I own with information that, in my opinion, was untrue. After his repeated negative responses I asked him if he actually owned or had ever heard the speakers that he was commenting about. I do not remember his exact response but it was negative regarding ownership or otherwise.

So, it appeared he was commenting negatively about a speaker he was unfamiliar with.

Keith

As far as the young member mentioned...

In the spirit of trying to heal some sensitive issues, perhaps this is not the best time to re-hash the specifics of past discussions.

Just my thought.

• Like 1

As far as the young member mentioned...

In the spirit of trying to heal some sensitive issues, perhaps this is not the best time to re-hash the specifics of past discussions.

Just my thought.

My thoughts exactly. Who brought this up anyway?

Keith

It does.

No, but I'm toying with changing the reputation system to "like OR dislike" vs just "like".

"Dislike" is bound to stir the pot worse than you've already seen it stirred.

• Like 3

It does.

How about forcing this for all posts? "Are You Sure You Want to Post This" Will give a person a bit of time to think.

Agree wholeheartedly with this.... 

I have been on other forums where the dislike button has been abused greatly and people get dog piled with dislikes instead of anyone making a counter point or actual argument.

• Administrators

Agree wholeheartedly with this.... 

I have been on other forums where the dislike button has been abused greatly and people get dog piled with dislikes instead of anyone making a counter point or actual argument.

I can see that, but you can also limit the number of positive or negative reputation points a member is allowed to give out per day. 

• Like 1

Misunderstandings can be cleared up relatively easily.  Malicious posts, not so much.

You are right.  It can still be cleared up, it's just harder and frankly is where the moderators may have to become involved.  If only one of the scorned people would swallow their pride, the feud could be ended right there. It takes two or more people to fight. It's like a schoolyard. The moderators are the teachers. The public, most of which do not have a decent education in this new written communication, are the children. 

Who is going to teach texting, emailing, and posting etiquette to the world? It is needed.

• Like 1

• Administrators

"Dislike" is not descriptive.  It invites argument.  Stackoverflow allows down-voting, and while it is intended to be constructive, you have whole hoards of buzzards just waiting to nitpick every visitor's posts.  It is aggravating to new-comers.  Very cliquish.

Yes. But Stack Overflow is a completely different animal. Also, they don't show you WHO did the upvoting/downvoting. We have that option here.

I'm just entertaining the idea again. I don't think it's entirely bad. (calling it "like/dislike" is probably worse than calling it "upvote/downvote") Some people may need to have their posts downvoted. :-)

Anyway, I have it enabled for fun on the demo site (link in the announcement thread)...

• Like 1

"Dislike" is not descriptive.  It invites argument.  Stackoverflow allows down-voting, and while it is intended to be constructive, you have whole hoards of buzzards just waiting to nitpick every visitor's posts.  It is aggravating to new-comers.  Very cliquish.

Yes. But Stack Overflow is a completely different animal. Also, they don't show you WHO did the upvoting/downvoting. We have that option here.

I'm just entertaining the idea again. I don't think it's entirely bad. (calling it "like/dislike" is probably worse than calling it "upvote/downvote") Some people may need to have their posts downvoted. :-)

Perhaps, but that is a slippery slope. Ignorance is bliss. Even an amoeba will flinch from things that cause them pain. Introduction of a new mental anguish may be more like leaving the barn door open than educating folks.

I would be against it on a well moderated forum.

• Administrators

Perhaps, but that is a slippery slope. Ignorance is bliss. Even an amoeba will flinch from things that cause them pain. Introduction of a new mental anguish may be more like leaving the barn door open than educating folks.

I would be against it on a well moderated forum.

Maybe it would help prevent people calling others "retards", if they know they can just hit a downvote instead (provided they haven't used their allotment of downvotes for the day). Some people can't control themselves.

• Like 2