Apology to the community

T2K

• Administrators

Maybe it would help prevent people calling others "retards", if they know they can just hit a downvote instead (provided they haven't used their allotment of downvotes for the day). Some people can't control themselves.

and yeah, I realize that's not exactly a solution... :-)

• Like 1

"Dislike" is bound to stir the pot worse than you've already seen it stirred.

Agree wholeheartedly with this.... 

As much as I hate to agree with Jim that would be a nightmare

But of course if you go that way a BS button would be more appropriate  :lol:

Those that think a persons post count reflects their knowledge or "value" are WRONG there are definitely people here with high post counts that spout BS consistently . If you post you should be able to defend your post or at least state that its an educated guess or only your opinion ! If you don't have the backbone to back up your remarks , you probably don't have the backbone to pick up a Klipsch Speaker ( which are usualy big and heavy) anyhow  :D  People ask for advise here regularly, with the great forum members here and the vast knowledge available they usually get several answers. Unfortunately many are wrong and the ones that call out the BS are doing the community a favor !

I for one don't have the patience and rarely have the knowledge to do so.

Oh and of course this is only My opinion

Just saw the voting thing I respectfully think this is a bad idea as well.

Do you want to provide education and information or do you want to find out who is the most popular.

Having said that I understand the fellowship is just as important to most of us .

Jeez just reread this and it appears I have a problem with Jim . I met him and several members at a get together once and met some really great people including Jim . Only problem I have with Jim is he left with an amp of his that I wanted to permanently borrow .

Edited by Gnote

A medium pink shirt would be more preppie.  Oh, and welcome to the club, all I did was engage in a friendly thread starting tete a tete which was interpreted as baiting.

And you are the master of that.

Dang! Sure am glad members are refraining from hi-jacking the OP's thread... ;)

Sure sign things are getting better...lol...

Edit: Just remembered I have done it before!

Edited by billybob
  • Like 1

Jeez just reread this and it appears I have a problem with Jim . I met him and several members at a get together once and met some really great people including Jim . Only problem I have with Jim is he left with an amp of his that I wanted to permanently borrow .

Gary, that's pretty funny....and btw, I still have the amp, and you can still permanently borrow it, with some heavy conditions attached, of course.... :ph34r:  

Maybe this should be brought to the attention of IbizaFlame??

I don't know if anybody's noticed, but he was upset after a discussion with Keith about KSP-400s and hasn't been back since.

The kid had nearly 3,000 posts and more than 1,000 likes. That's a pretty good ratio and a seemingly worthwhile member of the community.

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/164434-ksp-400-vs-kg4/#entry2027149

What didnt offend that guy? Seemed like every other thread was him being huffy about something.

I'm just entertaining the idea again. I don't think it's entirely bad. (calling it "like/dislike" is probably worse than calling it "upvote/downvote") Some people may need to have their posts downvoted. :-)

I've already registered my sentiment AGAINST it.  I didn't think it was that close to becoming a reality but if you're seriously considering it, I'd like to lay out my reasoning for being for being AGAINST implementing the "NO" vote.

1.  I don't want this place to become as hateful as Youtube or Twitter.

2.  There is already a mechanism in place to display a negative, and that is within a response post. There is :angry::(<_<:o:huh::angry2::pwk_bs:  and of course :emotion-45:.

3.  If a person doesn't want to create a post with the negative emoticons, they can AGREE with a poster who has

4.  I don't want posters to "make alliances" or form cliques based on dislike of a poster or their position

In other words, if a poster wants to "down vote" a post I would make it hard, not easy.

• Like 2

What didnt offend that guy? Seemed like every other thread was him being huffy about something.

That's not true.  You are exaggerating to make a point against someone.

Second of all, that's not nice.

• Like 1

I'm just entertaining the idea again. I don't think it's entirely bad. (calling it "like/dislike" is probably worse than calling it "upvote/downvote") Some people may need to have their posts downvoted. :-)

I've already registered my sentiment AGAINST it.  I didn't think it was that close to becoming a reality but if you're seriously considering it, I'd like to lay out my reasoning for being for being AGAINST implementing the "NO" vote.

1.  I don't want this place to become as hateful as Youtube or Twitter.

2.  There is already a mechanism in place to display a negative, and that is within a response post. There is :angry::(<_<:o:huh::angry2::pwk_bs:  and of course :emotion-45:.

3.  If a person doesn't want to create a post with the negative emoticons, they can AGREE with a poster who has

4.  I don't want posters to "make alliances" or form cliques based on dislike of a poster or their position

In other words, if a poster wants to "down vote" a post I would make it hard, not easy.

So given the chance you would dislike the dislike button?

• Like 3