FS: Pair of RB-75 in Cherry - $600

mattSER

I've been reading about these for years, and I've always wanted a pair to see for myself just how good they are.  Until now I never had a reason to own them, but after moving from Oregon to Minnesota a couple weeks ago I find myself in a smaller house where my KLF10/KLF-C7 combo is just a bit too large for the living room.  I assume the RC-7 would be a proper match for these?  I'd be powering them with an Onkyo TX-SR806.

25 minutes ago, Shaun K said:

I assume the RC-7 would be a proper match for these?

Sonically, but not as much visually if that matters to you.

I love my cherry 75's.

26 minutes ago, Shaun K said:

I'd be powering them with an Onkyo TX-SR806.

Should do just fine.

Bill

You dropped your price to $600 for the legendary and hard-to-find RB-75 in excellent shape?    :o 

Yeah, the regulars here DO know what those are worth and somebody is going to picking up a pretty good deal!  You're in Denver, I would think that would be a good market in which to sell those.

I think your price is at the "won't last long" level.  I don't think those will be available for sale much longer, but you never know.  Timing is everything.

1 hour ago, Shaun K said:

I've been reading about these for years, and I've always wanted a pair to see for myself just how good they are.  Until now I never had a reason to own them, but after moving from Oregon to Minnesota a couple weeks ago I find myself in a smaller house where my KLF10/KLF-C7 combo is just a bit too large for the living room.  I assume the RC-7 would be a proper match for these?  I'd be powering them with an Onkyo TX-SR806.

Do it.

1 hour ago, Shaun K said:

The RB-75 / RC-7 combo should easily best what you have now as far as overall sound quality and clarity. Of course bass will be a little lacking compared to what you're use to with the big towers but a good quality sub would put you miles ahead.

13 minutes ago, jweber said:

Do it.

Very interested...just need to figure out if I can find a center to match them.

1 minute ago, jjptkd said:

The RB-75 / RC-7 combo should easily best what you have now as far as overall sound quality and clarity. Of course bass will be a little lacking compared to what you're use to with the big towers but a good quality sub would put you miles ahead.

I still have a couple SVS subs kicking around, I plan to leave one up there in the living room even with the KLF10's :)

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Shaun K said:

What matches them visually?

Well, the RC-64 matches visually because of the real wood veneer and no black center woofer dust covers and grill covers but the RC-7 may be more timber matched.  I have never done an A-B comparison of the RB-75/RC-64 combo vs RB-75/RC-7 combo.  Though I do think my RC-64 does mate pretty well with my RB-75's.

Bill